TN: 2015 Domaine Ghislaine Barthod / Barthod-Noëllat Bourgogne Les Bons Bâtons

Posted from CellarTracker

For it’s level I have no doubt, but what about it’s $50 price? I realize it’s half the price of Leroy Bourgogne but…

Mitch, if you can buy it for $50, buy as much as you can. It is worth every cent of that.

1 Like

+1 - and it will age! The 1996 is still drinking superbly.

How does the regular bourgogne compare?

So bury my lone bottle for 20 years? [wow.gif]

Does anyone have an opinion on the Philippe Leclerc Bons Batons (cw the MG version)?

1. Thanks for the tasting note. I came across this bottle recently and was thinking about buying some.

2. I’ve only seen Leroy Bourgogne for $45-55. That’s including the 2015 current release and some 2000 that I assume was a library release. You really saw it for double the price? If so, that’s crazy…

Are there two different bottlings of Barthod Bourgogne? Bourgogne and Bourgogne Les Bon Batons?

I think that Ghislaine’s only Bourgogne vines are in Bons Batons, so this is simply a case of variant labeling. Certainly, I’ve only tasted Bons Batons from barrel. But I will ask next time I visit.

Thanks William. That’s what I thought too after reading up but CT seems to have separate listings.

I’m not among the Burg experts on this forum but I’ve had it, and think it’s good for the price. Have picked up recent-ish vintages for around $30. Definitely picked up a big oak influence on it, in front of nice enough fruit. Actually kind of reminds me of some decent Oregon pinot in a similar price range.

Just ordered a 6x and I did pay $50/b.

The Rosenthal website notes that the bourgogne all comes from bon batons, and shows just a regular courgogne label…so I guess you’re right it’s just different labels.

Just picked up a bottle for 30€, looking forward to trying it. Thanks for the note!

We are loving all the Barthod 96s in our house which have really unfurled in the last couple of years. We look foward to the 99s and 02s ! These are wines of real character - the real magic seems to appear at 15-20 years of cellaring with plenty of intriguing fruit character still there yet balanced by the limestone and earth of Chambolle. Sadly seldom seen now in our part of the world.