Ferragamo at the Grocery Store - Il Borro

What in the hell is Salvatore Ferragamo doing at a grocery store in Dallas, Texas? My brain is short-circuited by this ad. Central Market is a fancy grocery store, but it’s a grocery store in the middle of Dallas…and not like the “nice middle”…more like the SMU undergraduate over-flow apartment middle, but not the rich kids area. I’m trying to figure out the logic. Was he just like, “man, eff this CEO stuff, I’m going to fly to Texas so I can pour my wines at a grocery store for a couple hours.”

Wut.
Il Borro.jpg

Probably knows somebody in the neighborhood–makes the visit tax deductible, if nothing else, no?

Are the wines leathery? Polished?

The other high end markets were tied up. They had to shoe him in at Central Market.

James Suckling used to live in Il Borro. Don’t know if he still does. When he said “I live in Tuscany,” Il Borro is where he lived.

The Ferragamo estate at Il Borro is beautiful. I stayed at their Villas a couple of times with family when they first opened. Went horse-back riding once. The horse stable was impressive - beautiful horses too. I much enjoyed our stay.

Cool, any brett in the wines!? Love me some horsey aromas.

I only have tasted the Estate wines - so-called Super Tuscan blend. No brett. Nice, ripe and well made wines. Leans modern, so unlikely to be in your wheelhouse. The wines reminded me of the Tenuta Sette Ponte wines (Crognolo and Oreno).
The stable was not very 'horsey" at all. Lots of stone and wood wainscoting and leather - very clean. Did not visit the winery so can’t say much about that.
They did have an airstrip for their private planes and it can probably accommodate a helicopter if someone wanted to visit.

Sorry, T, I was joking about the “horse terroir”. To bad, since they have an airstrip. :wink:

Yes, I did get the joke. My last visit was something like 15 years ago and I remember more about the horse stable and the horse riding instructor than I do about the wines. She cautioned us to ride slowly through the trails as there were many pheasant and they would spook the horses enough that the horses would bolt. The stable was spectacular. I think I remarked “I could live in this stable,” it was so beautiful.

They had a nice restaurant at the village. Il Borro was a whole town that the Ferragamo family purchased - there were farm houses and villas separate from the small village. The village had the business offices, apartments, swimming pool, horse stable, and restaurant.
It was at the restaurant that for the first time I saw a waiter open a bottle, pour a little wine into the glasses, swirl it around to ‘rinse’ the glass with wine, then pour it out into a separate glass so that he could taste the wine and see if it was acceptable to serve.

Helicopters are dead at retail.

Only for Millenial lawyers.

Which is in and of itself unfair. There are new statistics that by 2030 only one in a million law firm associates will ever make partner.

[stirthepothal.gif] [berserker.gif]

Actually, I think the statistic is that by 2030, only 1 in a million law firm associates will “accept” the offer of partnership.
Said one such future associate . . . “There are better unicorns to chase.”

This is hilarious.

You go to the one on Royal?