How does QVC get away with shipping wine to almost everywhere?

It mirrors more or less exactly which states allow direct shipments - so they have filled out all of the paperwork to obtain licenses for each of those states. Everyone conceivably have the same list of states.

https://wineinstitute.compliancerules.org/state-map/

So they are not acting as a retailer, but a producer. OK.

That is odd. Have they been doing this for long? Maybe they’re shipping everywhere until a cease and desist comes in for each state. A lot of retailers have done so in the past. There’s no penalty (at least in most places, as far as I know) unless there’s a violation after that first warning goes out. Or they just don’t know what they’re doing.

Stan alluded to this above; the link supplied for the Wine Institute shows which states wineries can direct ship to, not which retailers. So if they “filled out the paperwork”, wouldn’t it be the wrong paperwork? And my understanding is that since Granholm coveri s wineries, not retailers, the list of states that allows retailers to ship is much more restrictive. Do I have that wrong?

You’re correct.

Perhaps they are taking the orders but having the wines ship directly from the producers?

A quick perusal of all Colorado liquor licenses shows that neither QVC, Qurate Retail Group (parent), or Liberty Interactive (former name) have a license to deliver in the state. Drinks Licensing LLC / Hemispheres LLC / Vintage Wine Estates Inc / BR Cohn Winery appears to be the agent of record for the various QVC wine labels such as O’Leary, Bertinelli, Martha Stewart Wine Co etc.

QVC sells wine?! [swoon.gif]

What’s QVC? Do they have a mailing list I need to join?

If it’s QVC is it really wine?

Something tells me there will never be a “What’s your most recent QVC purchase?” thread.