PSA: Kata is live

Offering both the Beckstoffer Bourne Cab and Ghost Dog

Oops, clicked too soon. 20016 3 packs $540 plus shipping

Funny thing is I had 1 pk of the 2015 Ghost Dog allocated, then it suddenly disappeared and changed to 8 pks of Bourn Cabernet…

To be fair, the Kata Beckstoffer Bourne is $540 for 3 bottles, Ghost Dog is $540 for 6 bottles.

Though it looks like the Ghost Dog is now sold out.

Any takers? I am on the fence…I think I can buy it cheaper locally.

With Realm planning to take up most of my funds nowadays, I’ll have to pass on this unfortunately.

I bought a 3 pack of the cab, the pricing ends up being pretty similar to the secondary market, so this was more of a convenience play.

Frank, I got the denial on Realm’s spring Single Vineyards, trying to decide if the Fall blends are worth it, especially with the mixed reviews on the recent vintage production expansion of the Bard.

I most likely will end up splurging during the Spring release next week as it is the 2016 vintage, but will definitely cut back on the 2017 vintage Fall release (maybe pick up a few bottles of Bard to create a vertical, but that’s it). Even with the recent expansion of the Bard, I still think its a solid competitor at the $110 allocation release price. I really enjoyed the 2016 vintage, and I did hear it was a (slight) bounce back from the 2015. I didn’t really dig the 2016 Tempest though (preferred the Carter Hossfeld Coliseum instead).

Shifting back to KATA, I know Benoit produce a solid wine, its just I can’t justify spending more in January (and because I went in on Fait-Main LPV this year)

I tasted these 2016’s with David Beckstoffer back in October.

While the Ghost Dog was good, the regular Kata bottling was delicious. The best vintage ever from this producer, easily. It had the structure of the 2013’s coupled with the purity of fruit of the 2012’s /2015’s.

Kata is, in my opinion, one of the best offerings coming out of Napa these days.

Benoit kills it with this vintage…

Received a nice allocation and would love to try but three paks are a killer for me, especially without having tried the wines before.

You’re making passing on this awfully difficult, as I really enjoy your tasting notes, and my palate agrees with you for the most part.

How would you say this compares to the Fait-Main LPV?

Only decision here is do I get 3 or 6 bottles. Never tried it but the reviews are really strong…

If you want to try Kata, WebWine.com has the 2015 for $165. You can try one without having to buy 3. I have no connection to webwine.com