Did Zalto Bordeaux glass change?

I ordered 2 new glasses of Amazon, and both slightly different than my Zalto Bordeaux glasses (several years old).

1. The new stem feels a bit thicker (it’s a slightly less elegant feel in the hand).
  2. The glass is a little bit taller.
  3. Where the stem meets the base doesn’t have the same flare.

Anyone else notice these changes or did someone on Amazon sell me seconds?

It was two glasses for $120, so no complaints - I’m just curious if anyone else has noticed these changes.

LOL, if you bought those in the past week, I sold them. Zalto blows from a few factories. They are a handmade product, so drawing that stem can vary from person to person (blower, not you). Not seconds.

Ha! Thanks for letting me know. Again, no complaints - just an observation. Thanks for offering at a killer price. We broke them in with a ‘15 Schrader BTK, which was stunning.

Kevin,
The ability for the human fingers to notice even 1 MM is impressive. Nice way to break them in…Happy to help sir.

I have had one reorder of Zalto BDX glasses and don’t see any difference. I order mine through Winemonger so they could possibly be working off the same batch, or get from a consistent factory. Incidentally. I was tasting a bunch of 2016 Big Table Farm PN yesterday and my girl wandered in and asked for a pour of something. I obliged and she noted the back of the wine was a bit fizzy. I found it a bit flat and sharp in whatever stem she grabbed from the glass washer. I poured the same wine into a Zalto BDX and she found it to be fine, as did I. By the way, 2016 Big Table Farm Pelos Sandberg PN is delicious if you have not tried.