BD10 Chester's Anvil HH Cab Blend Question

Can someone give me more insight into the Chester’s Anvil HH Cab blend? I read the CellarTracker notes, and did a search on this board, but it would be great to get a bit more color on the style of this wine, other wines you would compare it to, etc…

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Paul, I suggest posting your question in the BDX forum Chesters thread. Carole might see it here, but I’m sure she’ll be looking there.

My recollection is that it’s mostly from Stagecoach, which is into the eastern hills at the southern end of the valley. With Aaron Pott having a big hand in the winemaking, his style surely comes through. My other recollection of drinking this wine is that it is pretty approachable, lush and fairly silky, not overly tannic, not overly oaked.

Here was our original description of this wine on release:

A harmonious blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and other kindred grapes. Black currant, blackberry, roasted duck breast, cocoa, coffee, cherry, a rich finish of milk chocolate and cherries

Haiku Reflections

Silk against bare skin
Supple curves rounded edges
Opulent passion
It’s all Napa fruit, from various sources. I don’t have the specific blend percentages for the 2013 handy but the Hattori Hanzo was always mostly Cabernet Sauvignon with varying amounts of Cab Franc, Merlot, Malbec, Syrah, and/or Zinfandel blended in.