New Lamborn cab-zin blend

Received a notice of the pending release. Has anyone tasted this or have any intelligence on it? Thx.

Tagging along. We used to buy the Zins and they just fell off the radar.

Heidi Peterson Barrett is still making their wines.

This weekend I had a 2015 La Sirena grenache she made and it was pretty good, but nothing special.

I haven’t heard of Lamborn zins in at least a decade.

A shame, that. My last one was a 2006 Serendipity that remains one of the benchmark Zins of my entire life. Absolutely amazing stuff. My TNs, the first from 2011, the 2nd from 2014

"2006 Lamborn Serendipity Zinfandel

Although I had thought about waiting another 3 years, I became quite impatient. The aromatics are sinful–baked cherry pie, swirls of delicious cracked black pepper, bits of bacon and a hint of coffee—it’s a very complex and alluring blend. Palate has not quite caught up yet, still fairly stern, but mounds of bramble and pepper around black cherry and a tiny bit of dill and licorice around the edges. I do have one more bottle and this should be quite something with a few more years on it. A very characterful zin."

"2006 Lamborn Serendipity Zinfandel

As soon as I uncorked it, flower and earth-filled aromatics weaved around rich blackberry and field berry. Possibly some chokecherry too. This is refined dans la bouche, ebbs and flows across the tongue and down the throat with whispers only of pepper and touches of meatiness all coated in black cherry, blackberry goodness with a lingonberry sidebar. I am glad I have some left over to try tomorrow, but it was as graceful a Zin as I’ve had in a long while."