Champagne refrigerator

We are looking to buy a refrigerator specifically for Champagne sized bottles that can hold roughly 200-250 bottles. Does anyone have any brand/model recommendations?

Thank you!!

Take a look at LeCache.

The Le Cache racking will hold standard Champagne bottles but the fat-bottomed ones like Krug and Comtes won’t fit. They have to be stacked on top.

Dom and Cristal don’t fit in the bottom racks either, unfortunately

Following this thread in case anyone has any good solutions…

There aren’t good options with that many bottles unless you custom build something; if you bought an old Le cache cabinet and had custom made racking that’s probably the cheapest way. I did find that many of the cheap 16 bottle coolers would fit almost all champagne except krug and Comtes.

Ask Mark B.

A toilet tank?

One other option would be to buy one of those used Le cache cabinets that are constantly posted in cc and fill it with champagne bottles in Weinboxes like an off-site storage.

Interesting. Dom fits in my Le Cache racks but the bottles rub a bit going in.

We’ve had a small Marvel unit for 20 years just off the kitchen. We bought it just before we built our cellar and it’s never had a single issue other than the internal light failing. We haven’t had much reason to keep it, but have because it’s been so great.

It definitely does not accommodate Champagne bottles other than the bottom row.

Thanks for the input! Can’t forget the “Special Club” size in the hard to fit list!!!

Might remove some of the 750 triple deep Vintage View wall mounts in our wine wall and replace with mag/Champagne sized mounts. I’ll still buy a wine frig to help with the storage issue, but for typical 750’s. If I find a frig that works best for Champagne bottles then I’ll post it.

it is so great for you to look for a specific champagne wine frig. I keep many of my champagne bottles upright on the floor of the cellar. some bottles fit on the racking Ulysse Collin, Selosse.

But not Taitt Comtes, Special Clubs, Bollinger, Krug, Ultramarine and Dom.

This is my first post. I’ve been lurking on the site for years. I have a new model Le Cache Vault which I really like. When I purchased it, I thought it would fit all sized bottles except magnums. As others have mentioned it doesn’t fit the larger champagne bottles which I have placed in tubes on the top shelf. I’ve been doing research on another option for a cooler for champagne sized bottles. I’m locked in on purchasing a Eurocave. The shelves are adjustable to fit large champagne bottles. Problem is it doesn’t hold 200-250 bottles like you are looking for.

Which is worse, starting to post or buying more storage capacity? [snort.gif]

Welcome aboard, and duck occasionally. [cheers.gif]

I suppose one possible solution would be to replace a couple of shelves in a EuroCave with one of these and store the Champagne upright:

https://www.wineenthusiast.com/eurocave-rolling-tasting-shelf-(performance-comfort-series)-(beech).asp

Would removing one shelf make room? And could you then stack the bottles two rows high without overloading the weight capacity of the shelf?

What size tubes do ppl use for champagne bottles? That’s a very good idea.

I use the magnum sized tubes that I used to use in my offsite storage. It is the only way I can actually stack easily on the top shelf of my Le Cache Vault. I use the tubes for large champagne bottles.