TN: 2009 Jean Foillard Morgon Cuvee 3.14

This remains an outstanding, yet shockingly youthful, Beaujolais. Still quite primary. And utterly, lip-smackingly, delicious. If you like the tart red fruit spectrum, this is your wine. It’s like sweet tarts for adults. Cranberries, spicy raspberries, red cherry fruit. Slightly less than medium weight, excellent lift to the palate, but mouth coating with, again, that tart red-fruit profile. Subtle additional notes of cool river stones, moist earth. But really, still not as developed as I would have expected. I really cannot prognosticate whether this wine evolves further. Perhaps it’s essence is exactly what it is showing today, which one could posit is a one dimensional wine, but wow does it hit some super high notes in that dimension. Absolutely love it. I may kill this bottle, solo. Well, paired with a 10 ounce New York strip, grilled Pittsburgh style. Wife did not like it. Says my palate sucks. I just smiled and said, “yes honey,” as I poured her some ubiquitous NZ Sav Blanc.

(93 pts.)

Did it look anything like this?
1A0A25C9-ACDE-4471-8570-B7C138FEA01B.jpeg

Ugh. Stalker.

Still have one bottle of this, need to check in some time.

Awesome note, thx man. I’ve got one more bottle left too, same with the 2009 Morgan…thinking about opening them up with each other just for kicks.

Pittsburgh style?

Charred and rare, baby!

2009 has had some good candidates.

I actually put mine away into storage - gonna try and leave them for another 10+ years, see how they turn out…

Thanks for the note, I have 2 bottles of this and really looking forward to opening one.

The 2013 bottling is my all time favorite Beaujolais