A Wine for Neal.Mollen

From the Banville Wine Merchants website. Banville is an Italian wine importer:

“Don’t play everything, let some things go by. What you don’t play can be more important than what you do”.

A philosophy of a musician who’s enduring legacy continues to inspire listeners, artists and artisans around the world. Music, the language of soul, universally understood and appreciated in spite of borders and barriers. Indeed it’s rythm transcends those things and makes our collective hearts to beat as one. We argue that wine has a similar ability. The grapes each a note in a composition written in a universal language. The author, an artisan improvising with practiced deft, not playing everything, letting some things go by. Little wonder then that when Tuscan vintner and international wine importer Lia Tolaini Banville met the grandchildren of the great Thelonious Monk, she was inspired to a collaboration to honor his memory with a singular wine from her family estate - LEGIT…

More here:
LEGIT

FWIW I heard about this from a friend who works for Banville, but I have no financial interest in this wine or company.

Does it come in 375ml bottles?

LOVE it! Thanks Ken!

Who is your avatar, Neal?

Thelonious Monk

I assumed it was a Nigerian gangster taken from a movie clip, possibly after just robbing a bank.

Click on the link in the OP.

You mean it isn’t Neal? How disappointing.

A beer for Neal Mollen…

Well played!!

No, this is one of Neal:

Yeah, all us old white guys look alike.

Is that a sparkling cab??

I don’t think he was very old when that picture was taken, in his early 30s.

I hear Neal has aged faster than Charlie Parker.

For his last birthday, he received a card that said, “Happy Birthday, Neal! I hope you live to be as old as you look!”

champagne.gif

Ouch. I wasn’t making any comments on Neal’s age, rather Bill Evans, who was a junkie.

No harm intended, it was just a chance to joke with Neal.

[cheers.gif]

An opportunity Not to be missed.

And from a Villa in Tuscany.

JS98+