Some special wines (Steinzug, Valgella, Trebbiano)

• The 2014 Amiot Chassagne village is frequently house wine. Great qpr. It is very difficult to find quality Beaune Village like this for 30€ nowadays

• Emidio Pepe Trebbiano Abruzzo smells of fruity chewing gum and have a very special bitter taste. Needs time

• The 2013 Stagard Steinzug matured in a 750l ceramic vessel. need plenty of time. Stil a bit clumsy, but great potential

• 2015 Francois Gerine has a lot of Viognier and bacon sluttyness, compensating for the lack of cellarings, contrary to the backward Le peintre, . Great value

• The 1986 Rainoldi Valgella is a gem. Unfortunately this was the only bottle available in the shop in Milan (12€!!) . After standing up for 2 weeks still a bit cloudy in the glass. Wow what a nose. Extremely attractive. Almost like a Giacosa Rocche. In the mouth it is explodes with Neb flavours. Wow again. Need to buy more mature Valtellina
    IMG_20190125_162407.jpg

Thanks for the notes. Whats your opinion on the time that the Emidio Pepe Trebbiano needs? I’ve only recently started to collect them and really have no idea when “maturity” will occur.

Damn, that Pepe must be embryonic! Just had the 2001, which is in a good place right now.

I will wait 15 years with the rest. Just wanted to try my first
Thanks for confirmation from Markus above

I thought the 2014 was delicious a few days ago. A lighter vintage I guess, and clearly some structure, but still very good drinking.