TN: Arcadian 2005 Sleepy Hollow Chard, 2001 Arcadian Pisoni Pinot.

Had these two last week…

2005 Arcadian “Sleepy Hollow” Chard, SLH, $NA.
Light golden color. Strong aromas of pear and creme brulee. Not even a whiff on tropical fruits. Moderate acid. 13.6% alc. Feels like early maturity and in prime drinking window. Stunning this wine is 14-years old. How I lament Joe Davis has lost this Chard source.
94pts

2001 Arcadian “Pisoni” Pinot, SLH, $NA
Deeply ruby color with very little hint of oxidation. 22 months of oak, 13.6%. Red cherry and saline notes. Not yet developing tertiary aromas, which is a major surprise. How can this be at this stage at age 18? Unreal. Alas, he does not get Pisoni anymore.
95pts

Joe is still running way under the radar. [cheers.gif]

Yummy. If you have or can find the 2001 Sleepy Hollow pinot, I would list that as one of the greatest Cali pinots of all time. One of the few wines I would put in the class of Burt Williams wines.

Jason

Thanks for the note Roy, I have a few of the Pisoni’s.

My favorite Arcadian has been the '01 Gary’s Syrah - love that wine.

Cheers

Sweet, just checked and I have couple of the 01 Sleepy Hollow Pinot’s as well. Will have to put one of those and one of the Pisoni’s in my queue.

Cheers

For those interested I have lots of Arcadian available for sale. Shoot me an email to joe@arcadianwinery.com and I will forward on a menu.

Joe

3 Likes