2019 Wine Enthusiast Vintage Chart

Here is the PDF:
https://253qv1sx4ey389p9wtpp9sj0-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/WINE_ENTHUSIAST_VINTAGE_CHART_2019.pdf

Says the 2017 vintage found Cali was good but not as good as the last few years. Oregon was a bit better. Bordeaux and Burgundy are almost as good as '15 and Loire Reds having the best year in recorded history. Debate

Boy the Willamette Valley scoring is truly clueless.

Indeed

Only 95pts for Napa Cab 2013 and 2016. I wonder why there is no love for a classic vintage? I cannot recall a single vintner say 13 was less than a stellar vintage.

I could only hope that most of the world lives by this and limit the amount of competition I have in buying the wines I want to drink.

I used to put more weight on this as a resource. I think that is part of the wine education though, of learning which critics line up with your tastes. I’m not convinced that 17 is a vintage I want to go heavy on in France. Seems like it was awfully hot all over. I am buying '17 German wines though. I will still probably be more likely to buy '17 Loire offers because of this.

I don’t think many Barolo afficianados would go along with the notion that '07 and '09 were better than '13 or '15, either.

Awful vintage chart. Good to see that 2004 red Burgundy did well though.

And 2011. And that 2014 northern Rhônes are already drinkable.

Speaking of vintages, I have heard others say the 2017s are not as good as the 2016s in CA.

Steve Reynolds of Reynolds Family Winery in Napa says 2018 may be their best vintage in decades.

The growing conditions were optimal.

Is this basically the same as the Wine Spectator vintage chart or is Wine Ehthusiast more detailed?