Abreu Spring Release

Got the reminder in my inbox today. Was looking for people who tried their recent vintages (especially the Rothwell Hyde), and any feedback they may have had? It hurts that it falls on the same date as Realm (which most of my wallet will go to…) Thanks!

Please save the date for our spring 2019 offering, which will be emailed to you on Tuesday, February 5.
This season, we offer our single-vineyard wines from the 2014 vintage; Thorevilos and Las Posadas, as well as the 2015 Rothwell Hyde.
You may click here to review or edit your account details.
With our sincere thanks for your ongoing support, we look forward to sharing these wines with you.

Warmest regards,
The Abreu Vineyards Team

Thorevilos is always amazing. The 2002 is certainly one of my 10 favorite CA cabs produced over the past 2 decades. I have never been blown away by the RH but in fairness i have not had in some time

The 2014 Thorevilos, releasing Tuesday, is a beast as you’d expect from past Thor’s. I had a barrel sample of one lot in 2016 and it was killer: Juicy blend that felt like an integration of all three prior wines (Capella, Posados and Madrona). Blacker fruit however with big Thorevilos structure that you’d expect. Hard to drink today (that day) with barrel extreme youth.

I had the 2014 Posadas freshly bottled in 2018. In my tasting, it was a big step up from the 14 Capella, primary in youth with acidic structure but dark monster fruit lurking. Really impressed.

Both wines are outstanding and special. Cheers.

Are Abreu and Colgin similar in style?

And it’s live…

Does anyone remember the 2015 Rothwell Hyde price? For what it’s worth I only paid $175/bottle through benchmark a few months back.

The 2016 is $675 for a 3 pack. :expressionless:

I believe last year’s offer was at or about that price as well. At least $200/bottle. I jumped ship.

no offer and no email this year, after no purchase last year, a blessing in disguise

Love :heart: Abreu but it passed my price point years ago

Abreu Thorevilos is my favorite wine (followed by Los Posadas) and it has gone up against stiff competition and won every time. Had a 2003 2x in 2019, it was killer and WOTN by everyone both times. Tasted the 2015 & 2018 lineup in barrel (except for RH) and they are outstanding. Having said that, it is tough to pay over $500 per bottle for any wine but this one has always come out on top.

Price/my Age= Passadina

Anyone try their olive oil?

Is the olive oil $500/bottle too?

$600

I kid. About $40/bottle