2017 Beaujolais

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Ryan M

Re: 2017 Beaujolais

#51 Post by Ryan M » June 12th, 2019, 7:32 am

I've had one, and I don't really Beaujolais vintages, so i can't comment on the style of the vintage; but I found this one very compelling:

Pierre-Marie Chermette, Les Trois Roches, Moulin a Vent 2017
Exceptional, lovely nose, with cherry/raspberry, blackberry, black currant, all very meaty, with abundant spice and loads of smokey stone/earth; outstanding depth and fragrance. On the palate, sweet, succulent, meaty cherry / raspberry, blackberry, black currant, a touch of mint tobacco leaf, generous spice and black pepper (with a bit of heat even), then tons of smokey / salty stone / mineral. Very full bodied, with outstanding density, grip, and acid tone, with a long, mineral laden finish; very fresh, succulent but also very savory in texture. Outstanding, the best Beaujolais I have ever had, so complete and satisfying. 5 to 10 years ahead, perhaps as much as 15. 4 Stars [4/27/19]
R y a n M a d e r a k

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#52 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » June 13th, 2019, 6:36 pm

Thanks, Ryan! Just ordered some.

And, motivated, popped a 2017 Thivin. It’s fantastic. Ordering yet more. I accidentally have almost killed the whole bottle through dinner and reading news.

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

Jeff Rosenberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#53 Post by Jeff Rosenberg » June 13th, 2019, 7:13 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 6:36 pm
I accidentally have almost killed the whole bottle through dinner and reading news.
I frequently have the same problem.

Return to “Wine Talk”