Shipping wine

Quick question. I’ll be moving across country in a few months and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions how to get my wine there. It’s a very small amount at this time 2-3 cases Max.

A ‘few months’ like March? Shouldn’t be a problem simply sticking it in the car with the rest of your belongings and driving to wherever you need to go. If it was larger than about 6-8 cases, that would be more of a hassle, but the temps around the country in Mar or Apr shouldn’t be a problem unless you get stuck in a blizzard somewhere.

1 Like

No moving at end of June from North Carolina to ARizona.

find a wine storage place in Arizona and ship it to them now?

or try FedEx Cold Chain if they will take wine.

I don’t think FedEx (or UPS) will allow you to ship your own wine unless you are licensed for it.

yes, impossible to overcome… [scratch.gif]

It is remarkably easy to ship yourself a few cases of olive oil, just sayin…

Technically speaking, there are a number of states where it’s illegal to bring in more than about a case per year, and there might even be a few states where it’s a felony to bring in even a single bottle.

Now there’s maybe only a 1-in-1000 chance [in any particular state] that a state trooper [or county sheriff’s deputy] will stop you to issue a speeding ticket [or a faulty tail light ticket, or whatever], and maybe only another 1-in-100 chance that you will be asked to step out of the car so that your car can be searched.

But if you’re in one of the bad states, and a very low probability felony like that is visited upon you, then you can kiss your bar license or your medical license or your pharmacy license or your stock broker’s license the hell goodbye.

After which you can look forward to mowing lawns for the rest of your life.

[Although mowing lawns is actually a lot fun…]

Anyway, the point is that if you’ve got licensure with the state [or with the feds], which would get revoked upon a felony conviction, then you really owe it to yourself to spend some time studying the various state laws, in order to plan the route for your trip.

And of course you’ll lose your right to Keep & Bear with that felony conviction.

I’m not driving it. What i was thinking was maybe asking local wineries that ship to Arizona to help out and ship.

Thewinemover.com

No affiliation or experience, I just Googled it. There are probably a dozen other similar services.

Yep, you won’t be able to ship wine here to AZ in June - way too hot (Shipping window ends in April usually).

I think using a wine storage place would be your best bet, and i would highly recommend Vinum 55. Feel free to PM and I can point you in the right direction.

This. If you can make the arrangements, ship now. Unfortunately, you are in a state that doesn’t support wine shipping and I’m not sure on the work arounds available.

Do you know any retailer in your area that has an on-line business, shipping wine to other states? Not likely but a slight possibility. How about one in a neighboring state?

If the wine storage place you find/choose is full service, they can help you ship your wine on their license as they will be taking control of the wine.

April? I get denials to ship here in Chandler come March

If you’re going to fly, I’d just check it and pay the baggage charges.

This

I’m sure there will be some of Todd’s Wine Checks on sale during BD10

Drink it all! Drink it all! [berserker.gif]

I ship a lot of olive oil!! [wow.gif] If you would tell people in Spain that UPS or Fed Ex can’t ship wine they would laugh at you…

So true! But I feel like I usually slip one last shipment in sometime in April when the stars align/the temps drop just enough for a few days.