Wine Retailers in Florida worth checking out?

I’m headed to Florida for a couple weeks, and decided not to bring any wine with me. Are there any wine shops in Orlando/Fort Lauderdale/Miami where I can get something reasonably good for a fair price? Thanks!

Haha, no. I ship from NYC! And DC. And California.

Tim’s Wine Market in Orlando is quite solid. Total Wine has a huge selection of Bordeaux and Cabs.

B21 in Tampa is excellent.

Wine Watch in Ft. Lauderdale is excellent with lots of mature offerings.

Wine Watch has by far the widest selection in the state although not always the best prices. But you will definitely find something you like. Andrew (the owner) will be happy to guide you if you wish. Check out the amazing in store tastings, too, some of which are truly once-in-a-lifetime experiences.

I forget the name, but I thought there was a pretty coll wine shop in Delray Beach- interesting selection and tastings, not good pricing.

Thanks for your suggestion. And I may have learned something here. Another question, if I were to bring my own wine. If I’m driving from Orlando, down to Fort Lauderdale/Miami and to the Keys, would my wine get cooked this time of year? I’m seeing highs in the high 70’s, otherwise less. It seems like it might make sense for me to bring some wine from my overflowing cellar. I’d rather do that than go to Total Wine.

Wine Watch in Fort Lauderdale for sure. The store is a hidden gem. They recently opened a wine bar where you get something to eat and enjoy or taste. Saturday starting at around 4:00pm is brown bag. Wine loving people bring a bottle to share with whoever is there. Everyone tries to identify the wine. Humbling but a lot of fun. Check out the web site for tastings on the calendar.

Wine Watch in Fort Lauderdale.

Wine Wave in Delray Beach.

Wine Watch is very cool with an awesome selection.

It would be a shame to be in Tampa and not stick your head into B-21.

I just glanced at their website, and they have plenty of German Riesling, and 2015 Southern Rhones, and 2015 Languedocs - world class wines for not much more than $30 or $35.

For instance, they still have three cases of 2015 Les Souteyrades at $34.99.

How would your wine get cooked? It’s a 3-4 hour drive, put on the AC. I just drove Orlando to Tallahassee with wine, and tomorrow to pensacola. Six hours total, zero concern.

Wine Wave
Just across the Atlantic Ave Intracoastal bridge.

Went to Tim’s in Lake Mary over the Holidays and was not disappointed. Great selection, friendly staff, and champagne samples!