2012 Martie Courtin Efflorescence vs NV (2015) Vouette et Sorbee Fidele

Which one of these two champagnes would you open with tapas?

Gladly either one of them. Both PN based and both zero dosage. You might want to use CT to help too if you want some extra feedback. I have yet to open my 2015 Fidele bottles but am quite familiar with the MC 2012 Eff–see below.

• 2012 Marie Courtin Champagne Efflorescence Extra Brut - France, Champagne (9/16/2018)
    Frenchy’s Grower Bubbly Event In the OC (Todd Frenchy’s Place): Poured blind. This was the 4th bottle of this wine I have had the last few months. For me, this was my WOTN, just beating out the 2010 Gimmonet Special Club. I don’t recall last night the final scores but I do think this Courtin finished towards the bottom, yet when I tasted it, I had a pretty good idea that I had found the wine in my glass? Why, because it stood out with such great balance, mineral, red berry/black cherry quality and a citrus core that flowed perfectly from start to finish. And what further impresses me about this bottle is that it stood out for me without any label bias. Yes, I knew it was part of the 11 that were served but my notes really tell the story of finding for me the jewel among the lineup. So across different settings and contexts, this wine continues to impress.
  • 2012 Marie Courtin Champagne Efflorescence Extra Brut - France, Champagne (9/9/2018)
    Served blind. Third bottle of this over the last couple months. Started off a little weird in the aromatic but then evolved to a floral thing that I could not describe, along with a yeasty note. It has a black cherry quality, supported by lemon and apple, with lovely balance, picking up a minerality with air. This bottle seemed leaner tonight than the mag we had of this last month.
  • 2012 Marie Courtin Champagne Efflorescence Extra Brut - France, Champagne (8/5/2018)
    This was from mag, and I tried to peel away the extra importer sticker to get at the original back label, yet that one was sans info, too. This started off with a funky, still pinot noir like aromatic, and it was in the wine, too. That seemed to go away with air, which was replaced by a dried green herb note, like a thyme or something in that vein. Apple, red berry and a smooth impression.
  • 2012 Marie Courtin Champagne Efflorescence Extra Brut - France, Champagne (7/20/2018)
    Disgorged 6/16, 0 dosage. 100% PN. This needed some air to come around and it showed nicely. Pure and balanced with lime and approachable in tone.

Posted from CellarTracker

Fidele

leaning towards fidele just because I have quite a bit of it; I kinda like the idea of trying it young because I know a lot of people like the energy from the young champagne; we’ll see how it goes.