Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Ray Walker's New New Bourbon Company - Saint Cloud Kentucky Bourbon

#401 Post by scamhi » April 1st, 2019, 4:34 am

scamhi wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 9:17 am
Saint Cloud is a small Kentucky Bourbon House with a truly limited production. The first batch is composed of 3,000 bottles.
Due to supplies, we cannot guarantee an offer to everyone. Please be patient and we will return your inquiry request at our earliest convenience. our first batch, a 2016 Kentucky Straight Bourbon, is due to be offered in March 2019.

5 days left for the March 2019 launch.
Happy April! And another deadline missed.
Website is changed
"Due to extremely limited supplies, we cannot guarantee an offer to everyone. Please be patient and we will return your inquiry request at our earliest convenience. our first batch, a 2016 Kentucky Straight Bourbon, has been bottled in March, 2019, and will be offered shortly."

Anyone want to guess when?
S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

YLee

#402 Post by YLee » April 1st, 2019, 7:08 am

Place your bets!
-¥ 0 ñ 9

Brandon R

#403 Post by Brandon R » April 1st, 2019, 10:11 am

Unbelievable. You know what would be funny? "We have your Bourbon and it's ready to ship!"

"April Fools!"
B. Redman

Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#404 Post by Merrill Lindquist » April 1st, 2019, 2:01 pm

I am not sure why this is of on-going interest to so many. Let it pass - let it be - at this point, posters show more of their integrity (or lack thereof) than the folks at Maison Ilan. Just drop it.

If you lost out on the first venture, by all means seek restitution. But the continuous slamming of his venture is not serving anyone. These are my feelings. You may feel differently, although if you did not purchase and lose, why you want to continue to attack is curious to me.

I never contacted him, purchased, nor had any wine delivered. I suspect many others on this thread did not, either.
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

Gary York

#405 Post by Gary York » April 1st, 2019, 9:11 pm

Well, doesn't everyone love a train wreck? Or that he has screwed over so many people? Or that he has accused several on here of being racists? Or ......take your pick.
ITB

Gary York

#406 Post by Gary York » April 2nd, 2019, 7:35 am

I guess you didn't get a phone call from him threatening legal action. And when you look back over all of his history the only question that should be asked is, why is he not in jail?
ITB

Bill Tex Landreth

#407 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » April 2nd, 2019, 5:52 pm

<<<Sigh>>>

Time to up the dosage.
It's not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would be doing it if it were easy.

Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#408 Post by Merrill Lindquist » April 2nd, 2019, 7:53 pm

Gary York wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 7:35 am
I guess you didn't get a phone call from him threatening legal action. And when you look back over all of his history the only question that should be asked is, why is he not in jail?
But to ask that here is just fueling a fire that cannot be put out here. Maybe it makes some people feel better. I really don't know nor do I understand. But as I stated, this is MY opinion, and MY feelings. Last I knew, I was entitled to an opinion.

I did not receive a phone call threatening legal action. I have had no contact, as I said, with Ray nor with any of his personnel or ventures. If I did, I would be pursuing him legally, not by fueling a fire on a wine board which is populated with people who also never had any connection to him.

Again, my thoughts...my opinion. You are certainly entitled to keep on keeping on, but I can state my opinion, as well.
Merrill

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#409 Post by Randy Bowman » April 2nd, 2019, 8:24 pm

Merrill we will probably keep on keeping on. A leopard never changes spots. Users always use. Liars always lie. Ray's done pretty well on other peoples money. He is a charmer, like most users. Theft is a crime of dishonesty. Not all liars are thieves, but all thieves are liars. If you don't know a person, nor have the time to research them you can have your pants or wine collection charmed right out from under you. Ray has a track record. Now there are sufficient amounts of documentation in a number of areas that are visible and accessible to potential victims with the wherewith-all to google his name.
IN THE BUSINESS SHILL: An associate of a person selling goods, who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer.

Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#410 Post by Merrill Lindquist » April 2nd, 2019, 9:34 pm

Randy Bowman wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 8:24 pm
Merrill we will probably keep on keeping on. A leopard never changes spots. Users always use. Liars always lie. Ray's done pretty well on other peoples money. He is a charmer, like most users. Theft is a crime of dishonesty. Not all liars are thieves, but all thieves are liars. If you don't know a person, nor have the time to research them you can have your pants or wine collection charmed right out from under you. Ray has a track record. Now there are sufficient amounts of documentation in a number of areas that are visible and accessible to potential victims with the wherewith-all to google his name.
Well thought out, Randy. That is an angle I certainly had not considered: that the "publicity" (negative) he receives here COULD save potential victims. But I would still feel better if the "facts,"
drenched in vitriol, came from actual victims of his previous enterprises.
Merrill

Jason T
GCC Member
GCC Member

#411 Post by Jason T » April 3rd, 2019, 2:41 am

Merrill Lindquist wrote:
April 1st, 2019, 2:01 pm
I am not sure why this is of on-going interest to so many. Let it pass - let it be - at this point, posters show more of their integrity (or lack thereof) than the folks at Maison Ilan. Just drop it.

If you lost out on the first venture, by all means seek restitution. But the continuous slamming of his venture is not serving anyone. These are my feelings. You may feel differently, although if you did not purchase and lose, why you want to continue to attack is curious to me.

I never contacted him, purchased, nor had any wine delivered. I suspect many others on this thread did not, either.
Well said, Merrill.
J@son Tr@ughber

WvanGorp

#412 Post by WvanGorp » April 3rd, 2019, 6:43 am

Merrill Lindquist wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 7:53 pm
But as I stated, this is MY opinion, and MY feelings. Last I knew, I was entitled to an opinion.
Indeed. But so are they. So let them speak.
Wilfred van Gorp

Andrew L.

#413 Post by Andrew L. » April 3rd, 2019, 8:20 am

I wonder how the view is up there.
L I T T L E

Tim Fleming

#414 Post by Tim Fleming » April 3rd, 2019, 9:04 am

I think bourbon lovers will never purchase his 3-year-old whiskey. He can market it in some upscale bottle with slick verbiage but it is 3-year bourbon. The regular Jim Beam is aged for 4 years and retails around $18.

CJ Beazley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#415 Post by CJ Beazley » April 3rd, 2019, 9:11 am

Maybe if the people that got ripped off on the BMW deal would have been more vocal some people’s radar would have been up more when he suddenly decided to start making Grand Cru Burgs. Maybe all this grousing could keep somebody else from getting ripped on his next deal/scam/endeavor.
It's C(raig)

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#416 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 3rd, 2019, 9:52 am

What goes around comes around. Karma is real. Don't fight it; accept it.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

Wes Barton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#417 Post by Wes Barton » April 3rd, 2019, 2:56 pm

Tim Fleming wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 9:04 am
I think bourbon lovers will never purchase his 3-year-old whiskey. He can market it in some upscale bottle with slick verbiage but it is 3-year bourbon. The regular Jim Beam is aged for 4 years and retails around $18.
Yep. He's trying to spin a story into it, but who's going to buy that? With MI, he was an active forumite with a genuine interest in wine. He went on a venture that lured in fellow wine geeks. His charm, and getting out and meeting people and calling and chatting with people all helped. If he tried his wine thing by trying to sell some generic custom crush wines - the type where you order what you want from the grapes they source and have no influence on pick time or pretty much anything - and used his charm to try to sell that, it would've fallen flat. So, why would it work with young generic whiskey?
ITB - Useless lackey

ATaylor

#418 Post by ATaylor » April 3rd, 2019, 8:50 pm

$93 per plus shipping
@ndrew

Chuck Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#419 Post by Chuck Miller » April 3rd, 2019, 9:04 pm

How do you legally ship hard alcohol?
Chuck Miller
Seattle Wine Storage

Tom Reddick
GCC Member
GCC Member

#420 Post by Tom Reddick » April 3rd, 2019, 9:36 pm

Chuck Miller wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 9:04 pm
That is what I have been wondering as well. While five states specifically allow individuals to receive spirits by mail, to my knowledge none of the major carriers allows delivery of such to consumer. Fed-Ex is the only carrier I know that openly states it will transport spirits- and even then both sender and recipient must essentially by ITB and licensed to distribute spirits.

Last year, Kentucky approved a law allowing people to ship home limited quantities of bourbon purchased in Kentucky in person while visiting a distillery or winery (very narrowly defined to this specific scenario). But that still does not address whether individuals can receive said bottles in their state.
ITB - Cellar appraisals

David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member

#421 Post by David Glasser » April 4th, 2019, 4:58 am

Tom Reddick wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 9:36 pm
Chuck Miller wrote:
That is what I have been wondering as well. While five states specifically allow individuals to receive spirits by mail, to my knowledge none of the major carriers allows delivery of such to consumer. Fed-Ex is the only carrier I know that openly states it will transport spirits- and even then both sender and recipient must essentially by ITB and licensed to distribute spirits.

Last year, Kentucky approved a law allowing people to ship home limited quantities of bourbon purchased in Kentucky in person while visiting a distillery or winery (very narrowly defined to this specific scenario). But that still does not address whether individuals can receive said bottles in their state.
Only a problem if bottles are sent in the first place. You just know this is going to be excuse #1.

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member

#422 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » April 4th, 2019, 5:48 am

ATaylor wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 8:50 pm
$93 per plus shipping
Joke?

Gary York

#423 Post by Gary York » April 4th, 2019, 6:38 am

David Glasser wrote:
April 4th, 2019, 4:58 am
Tom Reddick wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 9:36 pm
Chuck Miller wrote:

Only a problem if bottles are sent in the first place. You just know this is going to be excuse #1
This is a good point. Most probably the only thing that is going to be shipped is customers money to his account.
ITB

Bill Tex Landreth

#424 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » April 4th, 2019, 6:47 am

Let's give the guy some slack. We aren't even a week into April yet.
It's not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would be doing it if it were easy.

Greg Ossi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#425 Post by Greg Ossi » April 4th, 2019, 7:13 am

Chuck Miller wrote:
Cocktail Courier appears to finesse this by contracting with local retailers who then ship via fedex. But I like David G's point: "Only a problem if bottles are sent in the first place."

Edward H. Earles

#426 Post by Edward H. Earles » April 4th, 2019, 8:02 am

This being KY, there are bars in the area that specialize in hard-to-acquire Bourbons, and they generally have in stock about anything you could imagine (sold at 15X-25X markup...$200 shot of Pappy, anyone? [swearing.gif] ) If I find out that one of them has Saint Cloud on the shelf, I'll drop by and "take one for the team". And report back of course.

Wes Barton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#427 Post by Wes Barton » April 4th, 2019, 12:23 pm

The wording has changed:
Due to extremely limited supplies, we cannot guarantee an offer to everyone. Please be patient and we will return your inquiry request at our earliest convenience. our first batch, a 2016 Kentucky Straight Bourbon, has been bottled in March, 2019, and will be offered shortly.

*Please fill out the form if you have an interest in securing Saint Cloud Bourbon. Private individuals may only receive offers if they are on our list.

Thank you for your interest!
ITB - Useless lackey

Vincent Fritzsche
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#428 Post by Vincent Fritzsche » April 5th, 2019, 10:04 am

Merrill Lindquist wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 9:34 pm
Randy Bowman wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 8:24 pm
Well thought out, Randy. That is an angle I certainly had not considered: that the "publicity" (negative) he receives here COULD save potential victims. But I would still feel better if the "facts,"
drenched in vitriol, came from actual victims of his previous enterprises.
Haven’t the victims had enough? I’d argue it’s on the third party bystanders to step in and speak up. You’re walking down the street and you see someone just level another person out of the blue. Is the victim the one who’s now got to show out the shit (illegal?) behavior? No, it’s on us witnesses. Then it happens again, and you better be sure I’m going to point it out again - this happened before, avoid this guy before it happens yet again! Leave the victims to deal with their outcomes, they didn’t deserve any of this. Don’t make them do all the heavy lifting. And it’s not piling on if the guy won’t stop.
Vincent - ITB

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#429 Post by Randy Bowman » April 5th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Still have to have victims who admit they are victims or make a complaint as a victim.
IN THE BUSINESS SHILL: An associate of a person selling goods, who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer.

Kevin Porter
GCC Member
GCC Member

#430 Post by Kevin Porter » April 6th, 2019, 3:43 am

Hi. I’m Kevin. I’m a victim. Thankfully I didn’t have the money to (try to) buy Burgundy from Mr. Walker but I did by his god-awful ode to himself that was his book.

Please carry on the good work of warning others.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#431 Post by Todd F r e n c h » April 13th, 2019, 10:32 pm

There's a 'Joseph Simon' spamming Facebook now, cursing all things WB and praising all things Saint Cloud...
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Karl K

#432 Post by Karl K » April 14th, 2019, 4:51 am

Ah, yes, ole’ Joe.
K a z a k s

Rob Weaver
GCC Member
GCC Member

#433 Post by Rob Weaver » April 14th, 2019, 5:05 am

Edward H. Earles wrote:
April 4th, 2019, 8:02 am
This being KY, there are bars in the area that specialize in hard-to-acquire Bourbons, and they generally have in stock about anything you could imagine (sold at 15X-25X markup...$200 shot of Pappy, anyone? [swearing.gif] ) If I find out that one of them has Saint Cloud on the shelf, I'll drop by and "take one for the team". And report back of course.
Tasting note here:

$85, from a “famed winemaker”, Cinnamon on the nose, good palate, no finish.

scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#434 Post by scamhi » April 14th, 2019, 5:39 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 10:32 pm
There's a 'Joseph Simon' spamming Facebook now, cursing all things WB and praising all things Saint Cloud...
interesting he has no friends. Not even Ray Walker [snort.gif] .
S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#435 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » April 14th, 2019, 7:00 am

Rob Weaver wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 5:05 am
Edward H. Earles wrote:
Tasting note here:

“Higher-proof whisky”

I wonder if he had Cambie consulting.

We must all joint the Sainthood to welcome this American Pharoah coming back home to his roots.

Woooo.....

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

Paul McCourt
GCC Member
GCC Member

#436 Post by Paul McCourt » April 14th, 2019, 7:08 am

Rob Weaver wrote:
Edward H. Earles wrote:
Tasting note here:

I'm sorry, but those two annoyed the hell outta me.

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#437 Post by Mark Y » April 14th, 2019, 10:26 am

Famed winemaker.. how famed is he in terms of the wine itself?
Y.e.

Edward H. Earles

#438 Post by Edward H. Earles » April 14th, 2019, 11:48 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Link, please..? I don't participate in Fakebook, but my wife does. I'd be curious to read the posts. Lots of Joseph Simons on there.

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

#439 Post by cjsavino » April 14th, 2019, 12:08 pm

Edward H. Earles wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 11:48 am
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Link, please..? I don't participate in Fakebook, but my wife does. I'd be curious to read the posts. Lots of Joseph Simons on there.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100033322311408
Chris

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#440 Post by Nate Simon » April 14th, 2019, 12:24 pm

No relation, I assure you.
#enuindos
Last edited by Nate Simon on April 14th, 2019, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edward H. Earles

#441 Post by Edward H. Earles » April 14th, 2019, 12:25 pm

"Joseph Simon" must be right on top of this thread. I clicked on the link, and got:

This page isn't available
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

Bill Tex Landreth

#442 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » April 14th, 2019, 2:23 pm

Edward H. Earles wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 12:25 pm
"Joseph Simon" must be right on top of this thread. I clicked on the link, and got:

This page isn't available
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.
It’s still there and it’s epic

Edward H. Earles

#443 Post by Edward H. Earles » April 14th, 2019, 2:29 pm

I can't get it to display on my computer, but was able to get to it on my wife's cell phone.

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#444 Post by Siun o'Connell » April 14th, 2019, 2:58 pm

Whoa ... that is one bizarre page. I'm trying to figure out how he would be connected to Ray.

Silly Todd thinking lemonade is spelled lemonade!

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#445 Post by Jorge Henriquez » April 14th, 2019, 3:02 pm

738A0D9B-C153-41B0-9908-DFEED2F612F1.png
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#446 Post by Siun o'Connell » April 14th, 2019, 4:15 pm

[worship.gif]

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#447 Post by Mark Y » April 14th, 2019, 4:33 pm

the profile has 0 friends
but he's posting and commenting on his own posts.. it's very confusing frankly..
Y.e.

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#448 Post by Jorge Henriquez » April 14th, 2019, 7:41 pm

Is it now?

We should Stay Tuned.
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

CJ Beazley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#449 Post by CJ Beazley » April 15th, 2019, 3:27 am

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 7:00 am
Rob Weaver wrote:
Edward H. Earles wrote:
Tasting note here:

“Higher-proof whisky”

I wonder if he had Cambie consulting.

We must all joint the Sainthood to welcome this American Pharoah coming back home to his roots.

Woooo.....
This is odd, she seems to know Raymond...
Attachments
FE208D63-910B-471D-A9AA-6B75D71139D8.jpeg
It's C(raig)

Scott G r u n e r

#450 Post by Scott G r u n e r » April 15th, 2019, 8:21 am

Yes, she knows Ray and has affiliation/interest in the product- She disclosed this in the interview. AFAIK the other guy is unaffiliated, but I haven't looked into it at all- It is possible they paid to be featured on it, but that is purely speculative (#enuindos)
//Cynic

Return to “Wine Talk”