Walker Wine Company

I just received an email from a new wine company. I am sure many of you received the same email.

https://www.walkerwineco.com

And here I thought it was going to be Ray’s latest venture.

What is the owner’s track record?

I received the email as well but what’s the back story? I have no idea who Walker Strangis is and no idea how he got my business email. Can anyone elaborate?

Revised the post. Apologize for the confusion. Based on getting the random email from Walker, I assumed this was associated with Ray’s wine company. The “About” link was not working at the time for me. Now that I can pull that up, I see there is no association, and I have no informationt that Walker Strangis has any poor track record.

I think given the history with the other Walker I was a too quick to flag this in an attempt to keep warn people. again, I apologize for jumping to that conclusion.

Jimmy, it was certainly my first thought as well.

I made a purchase with Boteillier Fine Wines over the summer and it morphed into Walker Wine Co. No problem with the transaction.

Walker is a good dude. Have shared many btls with him over the years.

Fu, you should clean this thread up given the miscue here. Poor guy is trying to start a business. Feel free to take my entire post down.

How did they get Berserkers’ email addresses?

I bought from him, am a berserker and didn’t receive any email.

This used to be Botteilier and I purchased from Walker multiple times (very old Barolo, Bordeaux, and Burgundy). So far everything has been terrific! Great guy!

Also wanted to vouch for Walker Strangis. Good guy and good palate. I purchased several bottles of 59-64 Dom Pérignon from his new company. Normally I would be very hesitant to order wines that old from any retailer.

Can’t wait to try them.

Also can vouch for Walker being a good dude, with good experience, and really pays attention to provenance when sourcing.

Formerly running his business as Boutellier, there was another group who wanted that name and so he came up with Walker Wine Co., which I think will serve him better anyhow.

Walker Strangis is a friend of mine. As others have said, he is a standup, trustworthy guy. He has many years of experience, as well as good connections, in the wine industry. Though this is his first retail venture, you can buy with confidence.

i couldn’t spell it or pronounce it, was hard to recommend to people. [snort.gif] [snort.gif] [snort.gif]

I was apparently among several who encouraged Walker to change the name of his business for ease of recognition purposes. But perhaps the new name should have been the ‘Not Ray’ Walker Wine Company.

+1. I bought from same offer—thanks to Fred. Or curses to Fred, not sure which.

And then you went back for more.

curses! So I did!