New trend in stemware....'repourposing.'

I dunno why I love this mental image so much…

“…a woman has been banned from a local Walmart after she spent several hours driving an electric shopping cart around the store’s parking lot while drinking wine from a Pringles can.”

That just ‘snacks’ of awesomeness.

Straight up Pringles, I’d go with a claret style wine. Bubbly would probably fizz over at the speed bumps.

The hard part is determining the best flavor of pringles to match the type of wine. For example I’d match Chianti with the pizza flavored Pringles.

Good call.

My hat’s off to you, Anton, for figuring out a pretext to post it here. I couldn’t do any better than appending it to the Florida vs. Texas weirdness thread in Asylum.

Plainly, the stemware revolution has not reached Witchita Falls. The Riedel sales rep will be on his way there soon.

One has to assume that she was not drinking Cheval Blanc, a la Miles at the end of Sideways.

The best commentary I’ve seen on it, from the FT’s (brilliant) Rob Armstrong (full disclosure: a friend and former colleague):
Tweet re woman in Walmart parking lot.png

This topic has already been the subject of a penetrating analysis by H.G. Peters:

Pinot Noir and Buffalo Ranch
With its low tannins and floral aromas, the delicate pinot noir goes together surprisingly well with the delightfully tongue-searing Buffalo Ranch flavour, which itself is a combination of the Xtra Xtreme heat Buffalo wing sauce and America’s most popular salad dressing. I highly recommend letting the Buffalo Ranch pringle dissolve on your tongue before having a sip of wine. Of course, this can take several days, but it’s worth it!

His other matchings, with my thoughts:

Riesling and B-B-Q: One of the most surprising and brilliant food-wine matches I’ve ever had was a Muller-Catoir Spatburgunder with BBQ chicken, so don’t knock this unless you’ve tried it.

Chardonnay and Screamin’ Dill Pickle: Plausible given the dill notes in American oak

Cabernet Sauvignon and Pizza: I’m a skeptic, as I’ve never liked cabernet with tomato flavors

Since she’s the trend-setter, does anyone know what wine she was drinking? Had to be something sold at Walmart, right? Perhaps Carlo Rossi and she lost the box somewhere?

Useful containers those are. We know you can use it to boost your wi fi signal

But if you have some spare time, and some spare Pringles cans, here are some ideas to beautify your home: