TN: 2016 Giuseppe Rinaldi Barbera d'Alba (Italy, Piedmont, Alba, Barbera d'Alba)

This is easily my favorite Barbera without competition and the 2013 remains the best edition I’ve had. That said this 2016 was very, very good and we emptied the bottle with the missus alarmingly quickly with some cheeses, charcuterie and pâté de campagne. I think the value is great, too bad it is not very readily available. I would hope to find similar style and quality from other producers but so far no luck. Almost always you have either alcoholic warmth or oak - or both - or just a general lack of excitement.

• 2016 Giuseppe Rinaldi Barbera d’Alba - Italy, Piedmont, Alba, Barbera d’Alba (12.1.2019)
    The nose is a delight with abundant, ripe dark fruits, graphite, licorice and forest floor notes. On the palate quite rich, mouth-filling even, yet very light on its feet. Ripe-fruited, yet dry and savory. Finishes very clean and refreshing. Bound to improve in the cellar but even now it is extremely drinkable and satisfying.

Posted from CellarTracker