TN: 2016 Domaine Bachelet-Monnot Maranges 1er Cru La Fussière

• 2016 Domaine Bachelet-Monnot Maranges 1er Cru La Fussière - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Maranges 1er Cru (1/11/2019)
    This is just plain awesome…There’s a vibrant fruit component on the nose & palate. Scents of smoke, earth, cherry, and cranberry. The palate is smooth yet also framed by bright acidity, cranberry, under-ripe strawberry, and tart raspberry. This should be something special with a little time and patience…just great juice!! Snag it while you can…this is a producer I don’t expect will be easy to find in another 4-5 years. Outstanding!

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Folks…please, do not ignore this producer…

1 Like

man, you’ve been speaking very highly of Bachelet-Monnot. You’re making me want to go out and buy their wines when I can’t afford to right now!

I haven’t been this excited about a (new to me) producer in a long time. I only drank half of this wine last night so that I could taste it over several days…

Opened up a 2019 B-M Fussiere last night, my first bottle from these producer brothers. I was very impressed. The 2019 echoes your '16 note and then some. Perhaps more cranberry compote and a terrific jamminess held in check with excellent balance and weight. A steal of a deal! Curious if anyone has tried the 2020 as yet? Critic notes were not quite as upbeat, commenting on the wine’s austerity and bold tannins.

1 Like