TN: 2014 Ultramarine Blanc de Blancs Heintz Vineyard Sonoma Coast

• 2014 Ultramarine Blanc de Blancs Heintz Vineyard Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (1/10/2019)
    SOOOO fun to drink! The BdB this year is all about subtlety and freshness…not as fleshy as the 13, but more so than your typical Champs. Again, as so with the 13, a wonderful nose of almond liqueur, lemon chiffon, lychee and white blossom florals…refreshing and bursting with energized excitement on the palate…crisp with finessed ginger bubbles, tart lemon acidity, salted minerality. After the pop rocks go off, there is a chiffon softness mouth coating mousse…persisting lemon sour acidity, slight tropical pineapple…balanced to perfection, and making you crave for more! A fleshy Vilmart if you will. A pure pleasure wine! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice, I always wonder when to open these.

I had the 2013 a few weeks ago and adored it. Looking forward to opening one of these.

Love em! The only wine I wish-list as much as they will sell me.

Last bottle of this…gone! They are just too darn tasty not to pop! The two bottles allocated are just not enough…but appreciated! My last note is still spot…maybe a little more integration and the energy level kicked down a bit to a dance party instead of a full on rave! The flesh fruit and citrus cut is in such balance…just wonderful flavors as noted last time…oh Rhys…please study these guys! champagne.gif

Nice note as always Buzz - I’ve been eyeing my bottles and thinking about popping one before the release next week.

And on a positive note…sounds like allocations might be a little bigger this vintage…so maybe we’ll get 3 bottles.

champagne.gif