BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
GregP
Posts: 80
Joined: October 15th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#51 Post by GregP » January 11th, 2019, 11:42 am

Leslie F, and where is Paul L these days, don't see him on the list for Falltacular?
G r e g P i a t i g o r s k i
I T B

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37702
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#52 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 11th, 2019, 11:45 am

GregP wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 11:42 am
Leslie F, and where is Paul L these days, don't see him on the list for Falltacular?
Leslie comes to Falltacular probably every other year? Haven't seen Paul Lin in years - he still hangs around a few of the old crowd like Steve Nordhoff, Jim Dietz, etc
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Kenny H
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3332
Joined: September 2nd, 2010, 10:53 pm
Location: Iowa, SoCal

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#53 Post by Kenny H » January 11th, 2019, 12:16 pm

NIMBY!!
H0eve!kamp

Charlie Carnes
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1981
Joined: April 30th, 2010, 2:13 pm

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine

#54 Post by Charlie Carnes » January 11th, 2019, 1:39 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 11:02 am
Nate Simon wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 10:45 am
Anton D wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 10:06 am
I feel like my favorite Indie band just signed with a major label.

[cheers.gif]
I have one of the t-shirts, and a lapel pin, so I can literally wear my indie cred on my sleeve.
Ugh, the t-shirts. I put out a survey, ordered based on that, now I have 100 extra t-shirts! Might have to do something with that on BerserkerDay, plus learn my lesson
Don't know why I didn't buy one. I will surely try to get a couple.
So shines a good deed in a weary world!

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37702
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine

#55 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 11th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Charlie Carnes wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 1:39 pm
Don't know why I didn't buy one. I will surely try to get a couple.
Image
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#56 Post by Frank Murray III » January 11th, 2019, 3:03 pm

Good exposure, Frenchie. You busted your ass for a decade with many of us with you from the jump. Proud of you, man.
My best wines of 2018:
2013 Vilmart & Cie Champagne Premier Cru Grand Cellier d'Or
2015 Kutch Sonoma Coast PN
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet Père et Fils Champagne La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay
2012 Savart Expression Nature Ecueil
2010 Tercero Verbiage (Rouge) Santa Barbara County

Kindness matters.

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37702
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#57 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 11th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Frank Murray III wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:03 pm
Good exposure, Frenchie. You busted your ass for a decade with many of us with you from the jump. Proud of you, man.
HA! Hardly.

I'm inherently lazy - I think my signature states that, but I'm too lazy to check.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#58 Post by Frank Murray III » January 11th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:03 pm
Good exposure, Frenchie. You busted your ass for a decade with many of us with you from the jump. Proud of you, man.
HA! Hardly.

I'm inherently lazy - I think my signature states that, but I'm too lazy to check.
Lazy, you are not. You're my model ENTJ. Look that up. flirtysmile [rofl.gif]
My best wines of 2018:
2013 Vilmart & Cie Champagne Premier Cru Grand Cellier d'Or
2015 Kutch Sonoma Coast PN
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet Père et Fils Champagne La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay
2012 Savart Expression Nature Ecueil
2010 Tercero Verbiage (Rouge) Santa Barbara County

Kindness matters.

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37702
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#59 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 11th, 2019, 4:40 pm

Frank Murray III wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:29 pm
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:03 pm
Good exposure, Frenchie. You busted your ass for a decade with many of us with you from the jump. Proud of you, man.
HA! Hardly.

I'm inherently lazy - I think my signature states that, but I'm too lazy to check.
Lazy, you are not. You're my model ENTJ. Look that up. flirtysmile [rofl.gif]
damn, bro, you are good!!! How about this, Doc - did I get ENTJ or ENTJ-A or ENTJ-T when I took the test?

(BTW, used to be INTJ but I've had to become more extroverted...and I don't care as much what people think which put me in the Introvert column, but just barely. This was 10 years ago or so)
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#60 Post by Frank Murray III » January 11th, 2019, 5:00 pm

Not sure of what the A and T reflect. Not in my experience. You are surely not an I.
My best wines of 2018:
2013 Vilmart & Cie Champagne Premier Cru Grand Cellier d'Or
2015 Kutch Sonoma Coast PN
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet Père et Fils Champagne La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay
2012 Savart Expression Nature Ecueil
2010 Tercero Verbiage (Rouge) Santa Barbara County

Kindness matters.

Dan Kravitz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1496
Joined: May 10th, 2010, 3:47 pm
Location: Harpswell, Maine

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#61 Post by Dan Kravitz » January 11th, 2019, 5:28 pm

Can somebody please tell me exactly what Berserker Day is? I'm serious. Thank you.

Dan Kravitz
swillmaster - ITB

User avatar
Chris Freemott
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 5659
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 7:00 pm
Location: Naperville, IL

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#62 Post by Chris Freemott » January 11th, 2019, 5:38 pm

Dan,
it's a January event where those on this board who are ITB post sale item(s) for the WB community. It occurs post holiday so those ITB can catch their breath from the November and December rush.

Mike Evans
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#63 Post by Mike Evans » January 11th, 2019, 10:03 pm

Dan Kravitz wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 5:28 pm
Can somebody please tell me exactly what Berserker Day is? I'm serious. Thank you.

Dan Kravitz
Dan, browse through last year’s forum and you can see for yourself.

On a completely unrelated subject, a friend brought a terrific bottle of 1985 Pegau to dinner on Wednesday, which brought back fond memories of your generosity more than 20 years ago in first inviting me and Howard and Rhoda Sherry to join you for a tasting with Laurence at the domaine and then to meet you at a Chinese restaurant in Paris with your trade trip group for food and an extensive tasting. I have a particularly pleasant but hazy recollection of drinking Jean Laurent with a senior guy from the PLCB. Thanks again for two experiences that have left lasting memories.

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12940
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#64 Post by Jay Miller » January 11th, 2019, 10:44 pm

Congratulations!
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37702
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#65 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 16th, 2019, 9:14 am

For those who have a subscription to Jancis Robinson's site - here's another feature, the most in-depth of all thus far: https://www.jancisrobinson.com/articles ... eks-gather
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4284
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#66 Post by ky1em!ttskus » January 16th, 2019, 9:26 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 9:14 am
For those who have a subscription to Jancis Robinson's site - here's another feature, the most in-depth of all thus far: https://www.jancisrobinson.com/articles ... eks-gather
On JR?! #nerdcred

User avatar
Joe S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 906
Joined: January 18th, 2013, 8:31 pm
Location: DFW Metroplex

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#67 Post by Joe S. » January 16th, 2019, 4:36 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:40 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:29 pm
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:56 pm


HA! Hardly.

I'm inherently lazy - I think my signature states that, but I'm too lazy to check.
Lazy, you are not. You're my model ENTJ. Look that up. flirtysmile [rofl.gif]
damn, bro, you are good!!! How about this, Doc - did I get ENTJ or ENTJ-A or ENTJ-T when I took the test?

(BTW, used to be INTJ but I've had to become more extroverted...and I don't care as much what people think which put me in the Introvert column, but just barely. This was 10 years ago or so)
I bet it's more like:
- INTJ when sober,
- ENTJ after one bottle consumed.
[cheers.gif]
-- J. 'eS-eye-dee-dee-ay-eL-eL-
BornToRhone (CT)

User avatar
Joe S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 906
Joined: January 18th, 2013, 8:31 pm
Location: DFW Metroplex

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#68 Post by Joe S. » January 16th, 2019, 4:37 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:40 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:29 pm


Lazy, you are not. You're my model ENTJ. Look that up. flirtysmile [rofl.gif]
damn, bro, you are good!!! How about this, Doc - did I get ENTJ or ENTJ-A or ENTJ-T when I took the test?

(BTW, used to be INTJ but I've had to become more extroverted...and I don't care as much what people think which put me in the Introvert column, but just barely. This was 10 years ago or so)
I bet it's more like:
- INTJ when sober,
- ENTJ after one bottle consumed.
- EENTJ after that!
[cheers.gif]
-- J. 'eS-eye-dee-dee-ay-eL-eL-
BornToRhone (CT)

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 30172
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#69 Post by Neal.Mollen » January 16th, 2019, 4:52 pm

Joe S. wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 4:37 pm
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:40 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:29 pm


Lazy, you are not. You're my model ENTJ. Look that up. flirtysmile [rofl.gif]
damn, bro, you are good!!! How about this, Doc - did I get ENTJ or ENTJ-A or ENTJ-T when I took the test?

(BTW, used to be INTJ but I've had to become more extroverted...and I don't care as much what people think which put me in the Introvert column, but just barely. This was 10 years ago or so)
I bet it's more like:
- INTJ when sober,
- ENTJ after one bottle consumed.
- EENTJ after that!
[cheers.gif]
IDJIT after 2 bottles
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 10023
Joined: July 22nd, 2009, 6:58 pm
Location: Calistoga, Napa Valley, CA

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#70 Post by Merrill Lindquist » January 16th, 2019, 4:54 pm

ESTJ here, all the way. Just don't make me deal with a "p." Make a decision, for goodness sake!
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

User avatar
David K o l i n
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15029
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 5:29 pm
Location: ChiIl

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#71 Post by David K o l i n » January 16th, 2019, 5:08 pm

You can get a free one hour trial membership on JR to read the article (which is very nice)
Last edited by David K o l i n on January 16th, 2019, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” T. Roosevelt

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." J. Goebbels (reprised by D Trump)

User avatar
Steve Nordhoff
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 791
Joined: February 14th, 2010, 9:16 am
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#72 Post by Steve Nordhoff » January 16th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 11:45 am
GregP wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 11:42 am
Leslie F, and where is Paul L these days, don't see him on the list for Falltacular?
Leslie comes to Falltacular probably every other year? Haven't seen Paul Lin in years - he still hangs around a few of the old crowd like Steve Nordhoff, Jim Dietz, etc
Have not seen Paul for years. Have not seen Buckles for a long time either.
ITB -Riverain Vineyards

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37702
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#73 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 17th, 2019, 8:15 am

Steve Nordhoff wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 5:15 pm
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 11:45 am
GregP wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 11:42 am
Leslie F, and where is Paul L these days, don't see him on the list for Falltacular?
Leslie comes to Falltacular probably every other year? Haven't seen Paul Lin in years - he still hangs around a few of the old crowd like Steve Nordhoff, Jim Dietz, etc
Have not seen Paul for years. Have not seen Buckles for a long time either.
Just Dietz, then - thought he came to your 'book club' dinners...
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Steve Nordhoff
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 791
Joined: February 14th, 2010, 9:16 am
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#74 Post by Steve Nordhoff » January 17th, 2019, 8:32 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 8:15 am
Steve Nordhoff wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 5:15 pm
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 11:45 am


Leslie comes to Falltacular probably every other year? Haven't seen Paul Lin in years - he still hangs around a few of the old crowd like Steve Nordhoff, Jim Dietz, etc
Have not seen Paul for years. Have not seen Buckles for a long time either.
Just Dietz, then - thought he came to your 'book club' dinners...
Nope. I see you more often😬🍾
ITB -Riverain Vineyards

alderyarrow
Posts: 10
Joined: September 2nd, 2010, 10:34 pm

Re: BerserkerDay in Forbes magazine (and elsewhere!)

#75 Post by alderyarrow » January 17th, 2019, 9:38 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 9:14 am
For those who have a subscription to Jancis Robinson's site - here's another feature, the most in-depth of all thus far: https://www.jancisrobinson.com/articles ... eks-gather
While I can't give y'all access to the full article as it's for subscribers only, you can read the first bit of it in my monthly feature on my site. Thanks to all of you who contributed to my reporting! http://www.vinography.com/archives/2019 ... ather.html

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”