Sojourn Cellars - “Our Spring Wine Release Begins January 22nd”

Sojourn Cellars - Spring Wine Release Begins January 22nd

Please mark your calendar now. We will be offering our Spring 2019 Wine Release starting January 22nd! As a member of our mailing list, you have an exclusive opportunity to purchase these new wines for a limited time.

This release features 2017 Sonoma Coast Pinot noir and Chardonnay wines from our most popular vineyards, including wines from the world-class Gap’s Crown, Sangiacomo, and Walala Vineyards. Also in this release are two blockbuster Cabernet Sauvignon wines from the exceptional 2016 vintage, headlined by Beckstoffer Vineyard Georges III in Rutherford.

My favorites- Gap’s Crown, Sangiacomo pinots and both these cabs.

I’ll be in for Gap’s, Sangiacomo and the sonoma coast. The gaps is my favorite but sonoma coast is one of the best pinot QPRs in my book. I hope they are participating in BD10, so i’ll wait to put my order in.

damn Matty, you’re killing me.

[cheers.gif]

My perennial favorites:

Pinots: Gap’s and Sangiacomo
Cabs: Home Ranch and Georges III (although pricey)

Don’t jump on this Jan. 22 - Sojourn is a regular at Berserker Day, and usually throw in a free bottle with a purchase of 6 or 12 (I forget). Maybe shipping has an additional discount.

Funny you should mention it. A couple of years ago, in preparation to purchase, I looked at my ratings for the Gaps and Sangiacomo. They were statistically even, with Gap’s squeaking by Sangiacomo.

I’ve been drinking Sojourn since the '06 vintage. It’s one of the few producers I have history with where I can review multiple year notes.

By the way, I cut my teeth on the Home Ranch Cab. Always a good value wine that will blow you away.

Dan

Its not truly a Sojourn release if the headline isnt “94 Point Pinot Here!”

Cherry-pickers! [snort.gif]

I guess they need someone to review these wines before the 22nd of January.

I’ve found that you need to compare the BD day offer to the list offer to see which is the better deal. The percentage discount for mailing list case+ sized purchases can be worth more than the free bottle BD offer depending on what you want, so I would hold off on ordering until BD and then see what works best for you.

I’ve bought before BD and after BD. I never had any problem with my order being adjusted to the BD offer. Their customer service is among the best.

Opened a 2012 Sangiacomo last night. What a nose - very strong waves of layers upon layers of red fruit ending in a tremendous spice bomb. The palate was exactly the same - what a treat. Cheers!

We tasted at Sojourn on our Sonoma trip last June and were incredibly impressed by the entire lineup. Particularly loved the Sangiacomo PN and Chard, and the Oakville cab. Their Sonoma Coast stuff also punches above its weight class.

Excited to see their BD offer.

Well …

Chris - yes we will be participating in BD10
Peter - I thought you were dead long ago … :slight_smile:
Dan - has always been, and will always be - The Man
David - we’d hate to be inconsistent!
Matt - my aunt Jean always rates our wines with a solid dose of score-flation
Mike - no, not quite true. The best offer of the year and really the only offer we make is the BD offer - with the intent of supporting WB and Todd
Scott - glad you enjoyed the 2012 Sangiacomo Pinot
Jeremy - happy you had a great experience when visiting Sojourn this last summer