Myriad Dr Crane Cabernet + Semillon Release - Jan 15th

Got the “Save The Date” email this morning, and am super excited! First offer of the year that I’m going to splurge on! Who else is buying?

2017 Myriad Cellars Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Cabernet Sauvignon $125
2017 Myriad Cellars Beckstoffer Dr. Crane ‘Elysian’ Cabernet Sauvignon $165
2018 Myriad Cellars McGah Vineyard Semillon $28
2018 Myriad Cellars ‘Old Vine’ Tofanelli Vineyard Semillon $28

We will open the release on January 15th at 9am to Tier One members on a first-come, first-served basis. On January 22nd, any remaining wines will then open to the entire mailing list.

Also, I havent had any of their Semillons before. Thinking about grabbing a few this time as the winemaker notes on the website sound delicious!

The semillons are excellent.

Excited!

ready. Good thing it’s before BD10

I’m in… as always.

I’m hoping there is something left on the 22nd to buy…

ALL IN AS ALWAYS!!!

…Anyone have rumor control over when Crane grapes were picked in relation to the fires (before Oct 8)? There seems to be a quiet hysteria about 2017 with heat spike and smoke taint concerns, with many people writing off the vintage entirely… which I think is a broad-brush reaction (and a mistake) brought about by a lack of understanding about what diligent winemakers have done to navigate through those challenges (like in any vintage). Would be nice to be able to quell those concerns with specific data. Crane is 10 days before Elysian.

+1. This is a great question.

Have tasted these from barrel on two separate occasions-they are 100% wonderful, as per usual. All the fruit was already in, and I’m 99% sure the wines were in barrel already at the time of the fires.

Hi All - I can help with Rumor control… 2017 Myriad Dr Crane Cabernet and 2017 Myriad Dr Crane Elysian Cabernet were picked and in the winery before the fires. Myriad Cellars and Quivet Cellars would never release a wine with smoke taint issues or actually any quality issues in general. We are very fortunate to have early ripening vineyard sites. The 2017 wines are stunning across the board and we are very excited to release them to you. As always, thank you for all your support and if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Mike and Leah Smith - Myriad/ Quivet Cellars.

We believe !!! flirtysmile

And there it is folks!! Thanks so much for the info Leah! Awesome as always!

…Time to put a hurtin’ on the ‘ol VISA!

[worship.gif]

Great news; wouldn’t expect anything less from such a quality label.

Any scores on these yet?

A quality producer, and quality people (Mike and Leah). Though I am far from Napa, I’ve heard that the 2017 vintage, if picked before the fires, will be very good. I’ll be in for a few Dr. Crane’s (as well as whatever else Quivet and Myriad will have for this next vintage), and as far the whites go, they are quite nice as well!

I’ve had the Dr. Crane bottling since 2014, and it’s always been fantastic. I might be tempted to get the Elysian for a

A quality producer, and quality people (Mike and Leah). Though I am far from Napa, I’ve heard that the 2017 vintage, if picked before the fires, will be very good. I’ll be in for a few Dr. Crane’s (as well as whatever else Quivet and Myriad will have for this next vintage), and as far the whites go, they are quite nice as well!

I’ve had the Dr. Crane bottling since 2014, and it’s always been fantastic. I might be tempted to get the Elysian for a special occasion (I’ve got one bottle of the 2016, but will wait for a bit on it).

[cheers.gif] OPEN & In BIG !

I’m in for a total of 18 bottles.
Was going to get a mag of Dr. Crane, but the $30 shipping fee made it a no go for me.

The one thing that sorta bothers me about having all these different release points is that they charge shipping for each shipment, but ship them all together in the fall. I think I paid $100 total to ship essentially a case or a little less this last fall, which is a bit expensive, I think.

Is pickup an option at all, or must the wines be shipped? I ask because I’m always in Napa during the fall months (usually 2-3 trips from September to December)

Email Leah @ info@myriadcellars.com and ask. They have limited space at Envy, a palate or two in sq/ftage, to store customer wine.