TN: 2008 Lancelot-Pienne Champagne Grand Cru Cuvée Marie Lancelot

2008 Lancelot-Pienne Champagne Grand Cru Cuvée Marie Lancelot - France, Champagne, Champagne Grand Cru (1/5/2019)

2nd time I have had this wine with consistent notes. My lone bottle which was purchased at the estate. Not imported into the US. This is the top wine made by this house. 100% old vine grand cru Chardonnay from some prestigious parcels around Cramant including Les Bourons, Les Buzons, Les Gouttes d’Or, Les Fourches du midi and Les Moyens du couchant. Given a low dosage of 4 gm/ltr. Doughy nose. Rich texture with notes of toast, vanilla cream and white fruit. Round finish. 93-94 points.

VM

I think this is the first note I’ve ever seen for LP on this board. I really enjoy his wines and I think his basic bdb is a smoking value. His wines don’t come to MI but im pretty sure they go to CA including the cuvée Marie.

I have visited there a few times and a couple years back we did a dosage trial which was pretty fascinating.

Cheers

We were there in 2013. Beautiful property in the heart of Cramant. I believe they purchased the old Mumm property.

VM