2019 Rivers-Marie Spring Offer

Email just hit.

The 2019 Rivers-Marie Spring Offer will go live on Tuesday, January 15th at 9:00 AM PST. As in the past, this release is via email only. At the time the release opens, you will receive an email with a link to the offer and your log-in credentials.

The offer:

2017 Rivers-Marie Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir – $30/btl

2017 Rivers-Marie Anderson Valley Pinot Noir – $30/btl

2017 Rivers-Marie Silver Eagle Pinot Noir – $60/btl

2017 Rivers-Marie Bearwallow Vineyard Pinot Noir – $60/btl

2017 Rivers-Marie Occidental Ridge Pinot Noir – $60/btl

2017 Rivers-Marie Platt Vineayrd Pinot Noir – $60/btl

2017 Rivers-Marie Summa Vineyard Pinot Noir – $60/btl

2017 Rivers-Marie Summa Old Vines Pinot Noir – $80/btl

If you need to change your contact information in advance of the release, please email Will Segui at will@riversmarie.com and we will be happy to update your information.

Thank you for your continued support!

Thomas Rivers Brown and Genevieve Marie Welsh

Any recs on which of these to go for apart from Bearwallow?

Drank a 2016 Bearwallow last week, really nice wine that should improve with time. I will be buying some from this offer.

I found the 2016 Anderson Valley to be sweet. The '16 Summa was very good as always. The '16 Silver Eagle was very good. The '16 Occidental and Bearwallow underwhelmed me.

Summa Old Vines and Sonoma Coast bottlings are auto-buys.

Will some of these be at Falltacular? It’d be fun to try them then if possible . . . and take my 1 oz pour of each [snort.gif] [soap.gif] grouphug

Cheers

I have it on good authority that there will be a few in attendance.

Is the Summa Old Vines worth the premium over the regular Summa bottling? Last year I only got the Sonoma Coast, but will be picking up some extra this year.

The single vineyards are more unique than the blends and I would encourage anyone to try them. Is the Old Vine worth being singled out? Maybe. I find it more complex, but the big step is from blend to single vineyard.

For me, as I try to manage to finite cellar space, I typically go for Summa, Summa OV, Ox, and the S Coast. I just can’t take everything.

Chris, to assess whether it is worth it or not for you, why not just try the OV and do it side by side with the Summa regular. Then, you will know. Blind them and really see if there is a difference. For me, there is and I like them both.

Thank you for the replies! I appreciate it. I’ll probably get the max of Sonoma Coast, Anderson Valley, and a few Summa, and a few Summa Old Vines.

Give the Summa Old Vines a few years. They are incredible with age.

I’ve been on a wine buying hiatus as a concession to age and lack of storage space but this ends it, at least temporarily. I love Rivers-Marie Pinots and just can’t pass them up.

Is the Summa OV worth the premium? It is definitely a step up but I get so much pleasure from the other SVDs and it exceeds my self imposed price limit such that I usually pass or pick up just one bottle.

Drinking a 2016 Summa right now… on the bigger side, but so expressive and fun right now!

Like others, I have been significantly curtailing my purchases. But this is one of 3 domestic pinots I am still buying. Terrific wines, and while the Sonoma Coast is the QPR champ and drinks well early, I like the single vineyards, particularly summa and summa ov, with some age.

I’m suffering from a case of PN burnout, so I’m passing this year.

I’ll probably pass too, but that is because I have found my PN pleasure substitute in a most unlikely spot: Grenache.

I need to open one of my cellared bottles. Passed a couple of times. Also once again redistributing dollars.

Summa Old Vines. Maybe my favorite domestic pinot noir. I am pretty much not buying any more domestic pinot anymore, but I will buy enough from RM to allow me to get a couple bottles of Summa OV until my cc gets taken away. It is worth the premium.

I’m pretty much in the same spot Sherri. What are your other 2 pinots you buy if you don’t mind sharing?