Aubert Spring Release

So it seems right after I got onto Kistler’s mailing list last year, Aubert has moved me from their waiting list to mailing list. For those who have bought Aubert for a while now, whats the best way (aside from what they put on in their press section of their website) you can describe each single vineyard Chardonnay? What about the new vineyard (Powder House) they are releasing for the 2017 vintage? Any advice for a newbie (e.g. is the minimum order still 6 bottles?), given the release is coming up next week (Jan 15th)?

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate it!

The wines are made in such a way that the differences are vineyard-driven (Mark picks at the same brix, vinifies the each vineyard the same, uses the same oak treatment, etc.). E.g., the cooler Larry Hyde & Sons wine tastes like a cooler climate wine than the wine made from the the warmer Sugar Shack Vineyard. That said, stylistically they are ripe, California Chardonnay aged in oak. I personally think they are some of the best white wines made in the state, but if you read enough threads on this board you’ll find that some people have palates that are at the other end of the spectrum from mine and therefore do not find any pleasure in these wines. Given you’re on the Kistler list then I believe you would find these to be up your alley.

Perfectly said.

Don’t buy !

Save 'em all for me !!!

(They are my go to white for any great occasion !)

I am looking forward to the 2017s replenishing for this summer! Not sure what the offer will be but Powder House is listed as being offered but allos will vary based on a variety of factors. FCFS!

IMO, they’re a step up from Kistler.

I hear ya!

Of all the wines we serve, Aubert generates the most “how do I find this?” responses!

Absolutely! And IMHO they also age quite a bit better.

I put my request in for CIX vineyard.

The offering doesn’t go live until 1/15 - curious how you ‘put in a request for CIX Vineyard’?

Friend received an email from Aubert, sent it out to a small group and I told him what I wanted. Been doing it this way for years.

I would not advertise that !

Love these Chardonnays, along with Peter Michael and Kistler

Totally agree, but I’d say two steps up from Kistler. Not much better than Aubert in CA.

If you find one better ,please give it up ! flirtysmile

I’ve had a fair amount of each, both young and aged, and I agree. I don’t think anyone does this style better. I’m not a buyer anymore for a number of reasons, but I still get excited each time I open a bottle. Thankfully I still have a few.

agree best (or co-best with PM) of this style, and they generally age beautifully. Had the 01 Quarry vineyard a couple of months back and it was amazing

And open tomorrow ! flirtysmile

Ordering open now - I just placed my order

In gargantuan !