TN: 2010 Roilette cuvée tardive

Notes of bananas, strawberries and other red fruits.
Red fruits and forest floor in the mid palate, pepper
and mineral finish adds interest. Weightless yet broad
palate coverage with medium-long finish.

PnP from a horizontally stored bottle, the wine
developed more weight and fruit in the second half of the bottle. Whether this was from air or denser, unfiltered
material I can’t say, but yum! Fruit more dry on day two.

Love seeing some older bottles of Roilette…Patience rewards those that are patient with this producer.

Had the 05 Fleurie and 05 Fluerie CT side by side recently; very informative - and delicious and delightful.

We had the 2010 Roilette normale tonight. I figured this was a better place to post than a new thread. Brought up from the cellar to warm up, and opened but not decanted, about 2 hours before serving. Simply delicious tonight. Open and very expressive on the nose, I wouldn’t be in any hurry on these or, if this is any indication, the CT or the GdM. Bright, just a hint of tartness (in a good way). Enjoy or hold.

Even better on night 2! Tart edge gone, and soooo juicy! Delish. Glad I have more.

Thanks for the note, Dave. I just moved some 09s, 10s and 11s from storage to home but have not popped the 09 or 10 yet. Will do so over the holidays, really looking forward to them.