Too late baby now, it's too late

I decided to try one of the 2014 Grand Puy Lacoste over in the corner. I chose poorly. They were over in the corner for a reason. The window is closed.

Put these away, children, and play with something more suitable. This is going to be a gorgeous old-school Paulliac, but right now it is just not willing to come out and play. I don’t really know why I expected anything different

Sorry to hear that. The 2014 Malescot St. Exupery was still quite open a couple of months ago. Of course that’s Margaux.

And a modern Margaux. Rolland.

That GPL is excellent but yea the windows is shut, stick it away!

Neal.Mollen wrote:
Too late baby now, it’s too late

I agree the 2014 GPL is going to be a great wine one of these days, based on what we tasted at the UGC 2 years ago. BTW, nice Carole King reference. champagne.gif

Ed

Fools and kings…

Mad dogs and Englishmen

I have to say, after several hours it has opened up a bit. This is going to be really really good at maturity

I guess my bottles will be enjoyed by my nephew. Of cours I bought them for him.

It’s not so modern Robert. It is very clearly Bordeaux and Margaux. Drink the wine, not the name of the consultant.

He can’t help himself

I’ve had the wine, it’s the vintage you are seeing. IMHO.

And Neal is right.

Except, so am I. :wink:. Drinking a 2015 Siran right now. These modernist consultants just can’t help themselves. Meh on the wine.

Never liked Siran

I have no clue what you guys are talking about. Give me some bubbly any day over right or left bank.

Que siran siran. I used to like it, and its rusticity. It’s a different wine now.

I think I first had it in the 1995 vintage. Didn’t like it then. Don’t like it now.

So nothing inside has died?

James Taylor?

Carole King.

I am betting that the primary reason you bought a bottle of Siran was to play this pun… :slight_smile:

When I was just a baby
My Mama told me, "Son
Always be a good boy
Don’t ever play with puns