TN: 2014 Thierry Allemand Cornas Sans Soufre (France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Cornas)

• 2014 Thierry Allemand Cornas Sans Soufre - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Cornas (1/1/2019)
    This is a wine of perfect poise and purity. There’s a core of berry and plum fruit. It has engaging notes of purple flowers and wild herbs. There’s good volume and presence in the mouth and it has that wonderful airy feel to it. Tannins simply occupy a space and a savoury inner mouth perfume lingers once the wine is swallowed.

Posted from CellarTracker

But…but…what about the rule of 15?

I´m curious if anybody has already tasted a Sans Soufre at age 12, 15 or older?

We had a 2004 just last year (2018) that was outstanding, but still very young. So 14 years old (maybe 12 in bottle).

Yes.

Had a magnum of the '04 with Theo Allemand two years ago. It was absolutely superb (note below).

A wonderful wine with an intense core of black cherry fruit. There were notes of dried flowers, earth and menthol. It had a granite like minerality and the silkiest of textured palates. There’s just a whip of balsamic volatility to the finish keeping everything fresh and length of flavour is superb.

Just had a 2000 that was delicious and still very primary. Had the 2001 3 times in 2017 and that’s one of the best Syrahs I’ve ever had.

Awesome wine too! Thanks for opening it alan!!

didn’t we have one ?

Yep! It was awesome

2000/01/04 within last 6 years.

Amazing Syrah, wish I had a case of that 01’…

Agreed. It was great.

1994 a few weeks ago : mind blowing. Side by side with the 1994 Reynard, it showed at least just as good, if not deeper.

Woah!! Didn’t know he made a 94!! Awesome. Thanks for the note eric

Thanks
As allways it is the 25 year rule thats rules champagne.gif

1 Like

I grabbed a bunch of the '03s and still have a few left. They’ve all been great, maybe only behind some Reynards from better vintages.