TN: 2013 Bedrock Wine Co. Zinfandel Puccini Vineyard

• 2013 Bedrock Wine Co. Zinfandel Puccini Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (12/30/2018)
    This is lovely, shades of Barolo. Dried rose petals, a whisp of strawberry, spice and dusty tannins. Very elegant and layered. Quite possibly the best Bedrock I have ever opened. Fantastic.

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds fantastic, Brian, and much more appealing than a bottle I had a year and a half ago. I think the ‘13s have taken a bit longer to come around, at least to my liking. I’m happy to have another to check in on at some point and hope it shows like yours.

Wow, awesome note and huge praise on that wine Brian! The 11 Puccini you popped for us earlier this year was incredible, so not too surprising that this one was so good.

And I 100% agree with you on the 13’s Andrew. As I mentioned in the ‘what Bedrock are you drinking’ thread, I was getting kinda worried they would never fully come around, but the Carlisle Vineyard and Papera I had the other day made me completely change my tune. I’m going to check in on a few others but I’m hopeful the 13’s are finally starting to hit their stride.

You never know what will happen bottle to bottle, year to year, palate to palate, meal to meal, root to flower… On this night it was a winner. It’s why we do this, for the occasional memorable experiences.

Rich, it was very similar to the ‘11. Just hit the right spot today. A real headturner.

Great note and high praise, Brian! I have similar impressions on the Bedrock '13’s as Rich. Have opened a few in the last couple months and they seemed to need more time.

The ‘11 was pretty fantastic the one time I had it, so comparisons to that wine are high praise, indeed.

Awesome TN, wish I had this one, so jelly. Have one bottle of the 2011…and now I’m really wanting to open it!

• 2011 Bedrock Wine Co. Zinfandel Puccini Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (6/21/2018)
    Brought to a tasting in the Bedrock Vineyard with Chris Cottrell and a couple Berserkers. Aging gracefully, been open 7hrs now. Cinnamon and clove on the nose. Strawberry/raspberry up front, medium weight, creamy texture, fine grained tannins. A little heat on the finish. Overall pretty elegant, a touch simple but delivering in a way that reminds me of an aged Swan Zin. I liked it and Rich said it was one if his W’sOTD. I’m extending the drinking window another 5 years.

Posted from CellarTracker