New year wine resolutions

Drink more mature wine

Focus on quality over quantity

I concur. I have already gotten a head start by buying some wines with age recently. I reduced my mailing list purchases in 2018 and hope to reduce them even more in 2019.

I agree as well. Much less buying. Buying more wines I will drink now. Testing out new wines I havent before.

Mine is to focus more on what we like… so more burg, champs, and Barolo/Barbaresco/alto Piemonte and valtellina.

same as always—stop buying. The same resolution I break yearly and usually by early January.

Alan one problem with that is some wine shops having some great sales so early to clear out some wines and get some cash flow.

Stop !

Spend more money per bottle

Branch out from California Reds

The only thing i am resolute about is to keep driving through my passion for Champagne and not forget about my love for cool climate Pinot and Chard.

More offlines, less new, more old

[cheers.gif]

Expand my offsite capacity for the third time…

Buy much less overall, but…
Buy more Rhone
Buy more Piemonte
Buy more Champagne
Buy older vintages to enjoy now
Finish reading the many wine books I’ve acquired the last couple years
Keep a better tasting journal/notes of what I taste and drink
Contribute more to the local and online wine communities
Buy less than 6 cases, and drink/share 12+ cases

Me too. I’m hoping this is the year I take it seriously.

Drink more fortified.

Read a new wine book once a month.

Appreciate every day wine more.

Learn more, travel more, buy more.

Definitely focus on quality over quantity, which should lead to reduced inventory for the 1st time in 15 years. Hope springs eternal!!

Drink more PORT!

Buy deeper in Champagne so I can outpace consumption. Buy more Oregon pinot noir. Buy less new release Napa cab. Buy more barolo. Buy more bordeaux.

Buy more from value regions and less from “trophy” producers.