Received a Pungo for X-mas!

[dance-clap.gif]

Congratulations! Now what’s a Pungo?

It looks like it is similar to a Coravin - is that correct? Anyone have experience using both?

I own a pungo. I’ve never used a coravin but from comparing prior to my purchase the needle is larger than a coravin. I believe the pungo allows the wine to deliver faster than a coravin. My understanding is the argon capsules are cheaper for the pungo than the coravin.

My only complaint is the pungo eaks occasionally. It could be due to user error though.

pours better, faster, and under low pressure. No explosions like Coravin. Cheaper replacement capsules as you noted. Mine sputtered and leaked a bit after a few months. Sent it back and they quickly fixed it.

Learned a trick from someone here a while back that you soak a coravin cartridge in acetone overnight so you can unscrew the proprietary plastic cap. From there you can use them on generic argon cartridges (make sure they are threaded on top) and save a ton of $$$. Works beautifully.

Please email or message me so I can address / resolve this.

Thanks,

Burt Miller
bmiller@pungo.us
Pungo, LLC
(202)631-5052

Burt has been tremendously responsive and makes a great product that has changed our wine life strongly for the positive.