You can all kiss my Welsh ass

I have just had a great night night enjoying wines and Bourbon with good friends

That is the whole point of why i do this, my friends would never buy the wines i brought for us to drink and i dont give a F**k that they wouldnt

Wine is meant to be enjoyed and the rest is bullshit, they didnt care what the wines were they just tasted great

If i rub people the wrong way because i will not treat the wine itself as the destination then im sorry but if you are doing this to get bottle x or y then my friends you are totally missing the point of wine.

Cheers

Good for you Alan.

Bourbon is dead at retail.

I know there are a lot of great bottles out there but for retail its dead.

This morning’s lineup of thread topics reminds me of when I used to follow the Rivals CFB recruiting boards after a weekend night.

. . . and the horse you rode in on! Happy New Year, Alan. [cheers.gif] -Jim

You’re missing the point of Bourbon.

RT

Wow!!! Lighten up. It’s just wine.

Talk about someone who can dish it out but cannot take it. Alan thinks it is ok for him to trash everyone and the wines they like but when people do the same to him this is the result - he cries like a little baby. Just like any other bully.

Time for a new therapist

Can’t be a proper Welshman, they have arses not asses.

I am always amazed Alan has such good reception under that bridge.

Alan,

I did not intend to offend by spinning out what had become of your initial post; I have been interested in the various reactions, some ironic, others totally serious (what’s happening to retail, why some stores have Burgs and others don’t, the current state of love for Alsace).

I myself have posted items which end up with much different reactions than I had foreseen.

I am fairly new and not familiar with the entirety of your posting history but have no objection to you sharing your point of view.

Classic

Happy Festivus Alan! champagne.gif
Great job on the Airing of the Grievances! flirtysmile
What are your plans for the Feats of Strength?
Maybe pulling the Festivus Pole out of your Welsh arse? [cheers.gif]

There are people who only buy cheap bottles in supermarkets with fashioned labels and produced in quantities of million bottles – nobody knows where the grapes came from, there are people eating usually at McDonalds or Burger King, others are listening to (radio or online) music and don´t care who created it (Mozart or Bach, Monk or Corea, McCartney or Webber, Madonna or Blunt …) and when and why and how … but they neither buy a CD nor go to a concert and help musicians earn a living …
Not my kind of people …

Happy New Year to all …

Alan,

Interesting post and I think many agree with your general preference . . . and that really should carry over onto this board as well. One person’s ‘wine of the year’ will be another’s ‘no thank you’.

I have always been a ‘devil’s advocate’ as it was a way to ‘survive’ in a family with 4 other brothers and a need to be heard. But I learned to ‘curb’ this and to use it more sparingly, and with less bite.

Please keep posting here, but do take into account what others have said - think about the tenor in which you post sometimes and how others may ‘take issue’ with it.

Happy holidays and keep enjoying the wines you like - and a bit of Bourbon or whiskey or gin from time to time as well.

Cheers!

Oops, reminder to myself, dont post when blitzed !!!

Sorry

Or a convenient AA group

Always a good idea to stay away from the keyboard when festive.

Auld Lang Syne, my friend, Auld Lang Syne.

Ooops, sorry! That’s Scots. But close enough to kiss.