BusinessInsider: The Best Wine Aerators

A brilliant article in the BusinessInsider by LucasColl on the best wine aerators:
WineAerators ,
in which we learn how to get the best flavors out of our wine and his description of aeration

Guess I’m not exactly sure what the “good stuff” in wine is, but delighted to find out that acids and alcohol are bad stuff and can be aerated off.
Anyway, an absolutely fascinating read & I’m off to buy some of these devices for myself so’s I can finally drink some wines with “good stuff” in them.
Lucas mostly writes about computer stuff, but I’m mightly impressed by his wine expertise.
You can, of course, forgive him for his lack of citations of studies showing the efficacy of wine aerators.
He also apprises us of other “best” wine items that you must also have. An invaluable article this is.
As linked in the WineTerroirist.
Tom

The only aerator I’ve found that consistently works is the mouth of the bottle.

Wine aerators must be hot gift items this year - friends gave me no less than three of them! Two of them were the same (Vintorio), and there’s another (Corkcicle Air +) that also is supposed to help keep whites chilled and cool down reds if needed. You store it in the freezer and it has a long metal wand that extends into the wine from the neck of the bottle…just in case you can’t figure out that you can cool down your wine by putting the bottle into the fridge for awhile.

Vitamix?

I use one time to time and I think it helps. Forgot the name of it though.

I’m so sick of wine gadgets. I get them as gifts every year and they all suck. Worse, my wife gets me them too. Just got a Coravin last month, used it for two weeks.

My wine aerators are kept on static display.

I usually use a nuance wine finer; I’m not sure it does that much but it does prevent drips and sometimes seems to help a little.

When I looked at the article, I was far more interested in the sidebar.

Apparently Angela Jolie is thinking about running for president.

I believe I will subscribe to that site Tom, so I can keep up with all of the latest and greatest news.

Same here. A few friends get me wine gadgets nearly every year and most of them are of little use to me - usually end up giving them to other friends who I figure might be more likely to use them.

Haha. got three of them last year as well.

[rofl.gif]