TN: 2007 Domaine de Montille Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Le Cailleret

• 2007 Domaine de Montille Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Le Cailleret - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru (12/26/2018)
    I am stunned at how great this wine is. There are perceptions of liquified flint and gold flakes. The harmonious fruit is lemony, but there are ranges of citrus, like the white, tart, pithy part of the orange peel between the outside and the inside (naringin). The wine has dried perceptions of other fruits. Not in a sweet or fruity or tropical way, more like whisps of dried skins with the liquified flint already mentioned. The wine has such fluidity, and just a perfect swallow. I would buy white Burgundy and let it sleep for 11 years in my cellar if this is how good it would be every time. (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice note, Charlie. “Gold flakes” - great stuff…

sounds just great, Charlie. Saw the score and thought it was a Buzz note.

I had a 2014 Montille Corton Charlie and was shocked at how great it was - one of the best wines I’ve had all year. A very underrated producer for whites in my opinion.

Alix DeMontille is the winemaker, and she is married to Jean-Marc Roulot. No shortage of talent in that family.

Great note. This vineyard can be magical, it’s adjacent to Le Montrachet at the same elevation. One of the “insider vineyards” in Burgundy.

Brian Sieve is the winemaker for de Montille and the négoce now, and before then Alix was only really involved with the deux Montilles négoce project. Brian would have made the 2014 Cailleret.

LOL! Last night was the first night of the last week of all of the blessed hecticness of Christmas that I got to relax and really get into a bottle of wine. Glad it was this bottle.

checked w-s Pro and, damn, is that stuff expensive here in the US.

More expensive than what I paid for the Corton, yeah.

Sounds great you made me look up a photo from three years ago, the ‘07 de Montille Beaune Aigrots blanc that was terrific. This one sounds even better.

Made me smile, Alan. Lovelylicious note, Charlie.

santé,

Any relationship between Deux Montille and Domaine de Montille?

Duex Montille is the negotiant arm of the family business. Now called Maison du Montille. Very good quality, just purchased fruit.

Thanks!