Off The Vine in South OC

Last Thursday our offsite storage facility hosted a kind of Christmas get together for a few of their clients. The restaurant Harley from Laguna Beach provided some delicious snacks and the reps for Hundred Acre and Morlet Family provided some wines for tasting that made the evening pretty special. Morlet Family had a decent Chard and a couple Cabs that were very good and Hundred Acre pulled out some of their top cuvèes. He had decanted a Precious and two vintages of The Wraith. The Precious was obviously very young and pretty closed but showed plenty of structure and restrained fruit. Hopefully it will develop and open with age. The 2013 and 2014 Wraiths offered a more refined palate with the 2013 being more closed and less giving than the 2014. Both showed plenty of structure with acidity and tannins very noticeable but the 2014 was much more approachable giving a very nice nose and plenty of dark fruit. If I had any of these it would be difficult not to open one up. At $500+ and $600+ for the Wraith I don’t think I’m going to rush out and buy any of these but it was very nice finding out what Hundred Acre and Morlet Family could produce. All in all, a great benefit provided by OTV, Hundred Acres and Morlet Family. Thanks

Sorry I missed that! I got the invite, but had other plans. I’m glad to hear it went well. I talked to Dan today and it sounds like they’re going to be trying to do more things like this in the future, so I hope I can join next time.

It seems like there is a casual group of guys who sit in the TV room some Saturdays. No clue who they are and I haven’t stopped to chat, since I am usually on borrowed time when I blow through once a month. They have a couple nice rooms, TV and kitchen, and over the 10 years I have stored there, I have always wondered why there aren’t more events. Maybe the 6pm close kills it. Lately, this seems to be changing with Dan, who is just a bit more motivated and personable than Martin.

Was Sriti pouring for Morlet? She’s the wife of my old boss and a lot of fun extra pouring going on when she’s around.

I’m sorry, I spaced on the name of the woman pouring for Morlet Family. [scratch.gif] She was very nice, informative and knew the rep for Hundred Acres well.