TN: 2006 Saxum Broken Stones (USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles)

Catching up on some notes from earlier this year.

• 2006 Saxum Broken Stones - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (12/22/2018)
    Fall 2018. Very short decant. Could use more but didn’t follow for all that long because it went down fast with four drinkers. Dinner with the Langes at our house. OMG. This is great and in a great place. If you do not like the style, keep your hands off and leave more for me. All the pieces are coming together with the rough edges all gone and everything integrated. Tertiary flavors? Not really very much, so miles to go before it gets to the decline, but it’s in a smooth fruit driven place right now. Is there alcohol in it? Duh! You wouldn’t drink it if they removed all of the alcohol. Red tree fruit, red berries, a tiny bit of pepper spice, seamless. (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Exactly how short was your “short decant”?

14 minutes and 17.325 seconds.

Nice Jay! The oldest Saxum I have is only 2011 so I’m glad to hear the can last over 10 years easily. With 92 bottles in my cellar including a few Mags I just may be still drinking them well into the teens.

flirtysmile

I have had them as much as 12 years old. I have four 2004s in my cellar that I bought from the mailing list. I am saving them to start drinking them at 15 years old. I do not know if that means in 10 days or not until at least the Fall. Yet to decide.