TN: 2004 Yves Boyer-Martenot Meursault Les Tillets

• 2004 Yves Boyer-Martenot Meursault Les Tillets - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (12/21/2018)
    After having a stellar 04 Les Perrières with no pox in sight, I just had to pick up these Tillets on the cheap from Winebid. Got 6 for $17ea…so what the heck? First bottle…pox! Down the drain…second bottle…YES! Much better…no bruised apple and sherry…brighter citrus and crushed chalky minerality to go with the rich apricot, pear, peach, apple fruits…honeyed with some truffle from age…super tasty creme brule crust and oak barrel spice…nutmeg, hazelnut butter…racy 04 acidity, nice pucker, fresh florals. Lighter and not as depth in flavor as the MP…but for the price of this village lieu dit…quite nice! (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Bummer. I had two bottles of the 02 from KL in September and both drank well. C’est la premox.

So: $34/b so far!

First bottle…pox! Down the drain…<

Sorry for than - but don´t you guys use (bad) wine for cooking?
Oxidized wine is perfect for kitchen use … you can even use a slightly corked wine (cause TCA will quickly evaporate)

Bottles #3/#4…poxed.

I’m feeling good that I missed winning a pair in this lot by a $1 but am sorry it turned out this way for you.

• 2004 Yves Boyer-Martenot Meursault Les Tillets - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (1/15/2020)
    #5…success! Wonderful lemon, grilled pineapple citrus freshness…creamy with a nutty brown butter sautéed peach, apple…crushed limestone chalk…racy 04 acidity…white flower florals…toasted marshmallow. Drinks fresh with pleasing aged complexity…Meursault worthy. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

$42.50 a go now…