TN: 2006 Vilmart & Cie Champagne Premier Cru Coeur de Cuvée

Looking for a special wine to celebrate a special occasion. Thinking about the 2008 Vilmart, but this was easier to access and glad I did open it

Great balance, Citrus, apples, brioche, nice bubbles, not super fine bubbles. Very dry, on the edge of gaining more tertiary flavors. Drinking great now and for the next 20 years.

80% chard and 20 % PN.

Wife and I killed the bottle in 30 minutes. Enjoyed more than a 1996 Dom P I opened recently.

Love Vilmart.

Have a 2010 Grand Cellier ready to go this weekend.

I’m drinking the 06 Cellier now and it’s in a really good spot. I won’t look at the Couers for a few years

A friend and I polished off a taste off a couple of weeks ago of the Krug 164eme and the 2006 Vilmart…I think it was the Cellier. Tied neck and neck. Such problems.

It is a much better and more interesting wine and DP, IMO.

The 2014 disgorgement of the Grand Cellier was fan-tastic a couple weeks ago. Such pure drive and focus, with lemon, acacia, tart apple and saline thread. Have 3 more and very happy about that.

Havnt tried the 06 but the 07 CdC is so hard to resist. Wonder when the 08 will start to show.

Edited to add: Oops, you meant Coeur de Cuvee, not Comtes de Champagnes. my bad.

I haven’t tried the '08 Coeur de Cuvée, yet, but the '08 Grand Cellier was drinking great a year ago, when I accidentally pulled a bottle, thinking it was the 2002.

Thanks gents!

I tried the ‘08 Coeur de Cuvée earlier this year and it was tighter than a drum…I’m giving my remaining bottles some serious time sideways after that experience. However, the 2006 Rubis is wide open now…

Vilmart always does more for me than a Dom from a recent vintage.

I just sourced another 2006 last month, with an intent to open one soon and check in on it. It’s odd that I have drank more of the 2004 and 2008, and never opened a 2006 so I will fix that. I do think the 2008 is a special wine and one I will enjoy seeing age and opening over the next many years. I think a lot of Vilmart, one of the best producers that I keep in my cellar now. The wines, regardless of vintage or what part of their range I am drinking, are consistently good, especially the top of the range (GC d’O and CdC).