What Wineries Have Dropped Off Your Radar Screen??

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
TomHill
GCC Member
GCC Member

What Wineries Have Dropped Off Your Radar Screen??

#1 Post by TomHill » December 19th, 2018, 7:59 am

As I was tasting the Foxen last night, I realized I hadn't tasted many Foxen wines of late. I used to really like their wines and would try every one that came along.

Which got me to thinking (always a dangerous thing late at night when you're well into the btl)...what are some other wineries that I used to follow religiously but have now sorta dropped off my radar screen?? Oftentimes it's because there has been a decline in quality. Or they have sold out to the big boys like Constellation or Diageo and the wines are not the same...more commodity in character. Or sometimes you've moved on to more interesting things.

A few that come to mind in my case:
David Bruce
Scherrer
Storybook Mtn
Wellington
Eberle
Dehlinger
Nalle
BonnyDoon
SantaCruzMtnWnry
SpringMtnWnry
Buehler
MtVeeder
Caymus
JosephPhelps
RobertKeenan
ZD
and I'm sure there are a lot more, including all RedBdx wines.

Tom (throwing out yet another esoteric/thought-provoking question for the day)

AndyK

Re: What Wineries Have Dropped Off Your Radar Screen??

#2 Post by AndyK » December 19th, 2018, 8:10 am

Larkmead
Littorai
Copain
Calera
k0berl

CJ Beazley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by CJ Beazley » December 19th, 2018, 8:39 am

Cakebread
Nickel & Nickel
Grgich Hills
Sonoma Cutrer
It's C(raig)

John Morris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by John Morris » December 19th, 2018, 9:13 am

Mt. Veeder came on my radar for the first time a year ago for their '14 cab. NOT a typical Napa cab -- restrained, high acid. One I want to follow over time.
"I pencilled in half an hour to suffer fools tomorrow, but now I’m thinking I might bump it out until Monday." -- @duchessgoldblat

“Only he who has walked through the deepest valley knows how other valleys of lesser depth are relatively more walk-throughable, valley-wise.” – @TheTweetOfGod

Robert Pavlovich

#5 Post by Robert Pavlovich » December 19th, 2018, 9:31 am

Fourrier

Bud Carey
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Bud Carey » December 19th, 2018, 9:37 am

Seavey
Altamura
Bressler
Pride
Robert Foley
D'Arenberg
Amon Ra
Numanthia
Mas Doix
Quilceda Creek
Budman

TomHill
GCC Member
GCC Member

Whatta Newcomer...

#7 Post by TomHill » December 19th, 2018, 9:42 am

John Morris wrote:
December 19th, 2018, 9:13 am
Mt. Veeder came on my radar for the first time a year ago for their '14 cab. NOT a typical Napa cab -- restrained, high acid. One I want to follow over time.
Whatta newcomer to MtVeeder, John!! neener
But I'll have to try their new Cab on your rec.
MtVeeder was started by Mike & Arlene Bernstein in 1973. It was a Cabernet house, mostly, from their Bernstein Estate.
But they made a late harvest Chard about '75 from the LongVnyd that was an absolute killer, yet pretty much dry. And in '75, they
made (along w/ CarnerosCreek) a Petite Sirah from the MarstonVnyd that was the stuff of legends. One of the greatest PS's made
in Calif....ranked up there w/ the Ridge YorkCreek '71 and FreemarkAbbey. They also made some terrific Amador Zins from the EsolaVnyd.
They sold MtVeeder to Franciscan/AgustenHuneeus in '83 and I rapidly lost interest as Franciscan/Estancia was making rather ho-hum wines.
And it's now owned by one of the biggies..Constellation, perhaps.
But I'll give the Cab a try.
Tom

Ian Sutton

#8 Post by Ian Sutton » December 19th, 2018, 10:12 am

A quick look at CT; producers ordered by bottles purchased, then scanning down to see which I don't expect to buy from again:
5th place - Penfolds. A combination of realising I didn't like the style that much (unlike Aussie critics) and rapacious price increases make this an easy ignore. A lesson in learning my own palate rather than trusting critics, but also in recognising when value goes out the window.
16th place - Cullen. Their main red disappointed (albeit from high expectations), but I do like their Chardonnay. Pricing escalated too fast for me, so ignoring is logical
18th place - Petaluma. Pricing fairer, but I much prefer Wynns Black label to their Cabernet/Merlot blend
22nd place - Nervi. Some hits (and misses) with very old bottles. A disappointing case of 1990 Molsino, and I'm certain the new ownership will take the price rapidly into the stratosphere.
34th place - Marchesi di Barolo. Similarly some hits and misses from older bottles, and a soft spot for them as it was the first Barolo the brains of the operation tasted (and thus it started a big shared interest) but what I've tried recently has been desperately poor. A visit only re-affirmed this view, and they seem rather too geared up for tourist visits.
Last edited by Ian Sutton on December 19th, 2018, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Normal for Norfolk

Ed Gonzales
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Ed Gonzales » December 19th, 2018, 10:13 am

leflaive
raveneau
drc
rousseau
juge ;)
ed s @ n

Matthew King
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Matthew King » December 19th, 2018, 11:07 am

Domestic:
Scherrer (a shame, really)
Ridge
Siduri
Ojai
Littorai

Old World:
Gaja
Fourrier
Sociando Mallet
Pol Roger
Dauvissat
"Please don't dominate the rap Jack if you've got nothing new to say." -- Robert Hunter

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#11 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » December 19th, 2018, 11:59 am

With the exception of a very few, most domestic wines have fallen off my list for no other reason than wanting to diversify with European wines. As for producers where my tastes simply "moved on"...

Liquid Farm
Cakebread
Shafer
DuMOL
Tor Kenward
O'Shaughnessy
Torrin
Kistler
Eric Kent
Arnot-Roberts
Paul Lato
Anthill Farms
Reynvaan
Turley
Booker

Mel Knox
GCC Member
GCC Member

#12 Post by Mel Knox » December 19th, 2018, 12:11 pm

Mike and Arlene sold Mt Veeder to a couple from Florida. They in turn sold it to Huneeus.

This direct to consumer biz can be wonderful but if you don t keep adding younger people to your list, the well runs dry.
ITB

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

#13 Post by mattcitrang » December 19th, 2018, 12:18 pm

Turkey
Booker
Siduri
Ojai
Bonny Doon
David Bruce
Just quick off the top of my head.

CJ Beazley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by CJ Beazley » December 19th, 2018, 12:19 pm

mattcitrang wrote:
December 19th, 2018, 12:18 pm
Turkey
Booker
Siduri
Ojai
Bonny Doon
David Bruce
Just quick off the top of my head.
Turkey sucks, good move.
It's C(raig)

ky1em!ttskus

#15 Post by ky1em!ttskus » December 19th, 2018, 12:24 pm

Peter Wellington retired a few years ago and sold to a conglomerate. I think it started with a V.

For me, Liquid Farm was a winery I was super excited about and have completely forgotten about. And I lost interest in Siduri, another winery I really liked, after Adam sold.

Lots of others, I'm sure.

John Morris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16 Post by John Morris » December 19th, 2018, 12:44 pm

TomHill wrote:
December 19th, 2018, 9:42 am
John Morris wrote:
... MtVeeder was started by Mike & Arlene Bernstein in 1973. It was a Cabernet house, mostly, from their Bernstein Estate.
But they made a late harvest Chard about '75 from the LongVnyd that was an absolute killer, yet pretty much dry. And in '75, they
made (along w/ CarnerosCreek) a Petite Sirah from the MarstonVnyd that was the stuff of legends. One of the greatest PS's made
in Calif....ranked up there w/ the Ridge YorkCreek '71 and FreemarkAbbey. They also made some terrific Amador Zins from the EsolaVnyd.
They sold MtVeeder to Franciscan/AgustenHuneeus in '83 and I rapidly lost interest as Franciscan/Estancia was making rather ho-hum wines.
Mel Knox wrote:
December 19th, 2018, 12:11 pm
Mike and Arlene sold Mt Veeder to a couple from Florida. They in turn sold it to Huneeus.
1. First I was aghast. 2. Then I was relieved. 3. Now I'm confused.

I will explain:

1. If Mt. Veeder were owned by Constellation, I'd feel terrible for liking the wine.

2. Never heard of Huneeus, but sounds much better than Constellation.

3. But the Huneeus website doesn't list Mt. Veeder. It seems that Franciscan did buy Mt. Veeder when Agustin Huneeus was running Franciscan in 1989: https://www.nytimes.com/1989/05/31/gard ... -sold.html But I can't find anything about who owns it now.

If you two, Tom and Mel, don't know the history, I don't know who does.
"I pencilled in half an hour to suffer fools tomorrow, but now I’m thinking I might bump it out until Monday." -- @duchessgoldblat

“Only he who has walked through the deepest valley knows how other valleys of lesser depth are relatively more walk-throughable, valley-wise.” – @TheTweetOfGod

Ian Dorin

#17 Post by Ian Dorin » December 19th, 2018, 12:49 pm

There are a good number of wineries mentioned that have sold off to larger firms (Calera, Copain). The ones that come across as tongue in cheek like Fourrier are obviously due to very high prices, another good reason.
ITB

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” -WC Fields

Zachy's

Subu Ramachandran

#18 Post by Subu Ramachandran » December 19th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Moved on to interesting things, but still have quite a few in the cellar:
Tablas creek
Au Bon Climat

All Bordeaux
All chateauneuf du pape
St. Joseph - [Gonon and Chave too]
Rioja other than Lopez de Heredia

Overall moved to more whites.

dsimmons
GCC Member
GCC Member

#19 Post by dsimmons » December 19th, 2018, 1:02 pm

Like you and many of the other posters here I have 'lost track" of many producers and as I get older will continue to pare down the wines that I purchase. Although older vintages of many are still represented in the cellar I have not bought their wines in many years. There are many reasons for this.

Being in Alaska shipping costs are a big factor in which wines to procure. Full case shipments are really what makes sense and has resulted in paring down quite a bit.

Another factor is that as I look at my cellar today, I have more red wine than I will ever be able to drink. So in the last few years I have shifted my buying focus to fewer bottles and more heavily weighting white wines, especially vintage champagne.

It is still a sentimental moment though when I drink my last bottle of a beloved producers wine.
D o n

Mel Knox
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by Mel Knox » December 19th, 2018, 3:40 pm

By Huneeus I meant Franciscan, which he owned.
Since Constellation bought Simi, Franciscan, Mt Veeder and Estancia they still should own all of them.The Mt Veeder wines were made at Franciscan, which is now The Prisoner. I don t know where they are making the wine. It seems likely that Franciscan will fade into the sunset, but you never know.
ITB

Ron Erickson

#21 Post by Ron Erickson » December 19th, 2018, 4:33 pm

John Morris wrote:
December 19th, 2018, 12:44 pm
TomHill wrote:
John Morris wrote:
... MtVeeder was started by Mike & Arlene Bernstein in 1973. It was a Cabernet house, mostly, from their Bernstein Estate.
Mel Knox wrote:

I will explain:

1. If Mt. Veeder were owned by Constellation, I'd feel terrible for liking the wine.

3. But the Huneeus website doesn't list Mt. Veeder. It seems that Franciscan did buy Mt. Veeder when Agustin Huneeus was running Franciscan in 1989: https://www.nytimes.com/1989/05/31/gard ... -sold.html But I can't find anything about who owns it now.

https://www.vinology.com/mount-veeder-w ... pa-valley/

It looks like Constellation has had it for a while.

Bob Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#22 Post by Bob Davis » December 20th, 2018, 2:09 pm

Copied from WCWN:

We have some intersection

David Bruce
Santa Criz Mtn.
Phelps

Although my last visit to David Bruce I liked the Pinots.
Others:

Marcassin
Rochioli
Cline
Pride
Ridge - due to severe negligence. Going back next year after we move.
Arrowood
Biale
Dave Coffaro
Siduri/Novy
McPrice Myers
Villa Creek
Jaffurs
Loring

The second list came about due to me realizing we can't buy it all.
-------
Pittsburgh Dad says, "Twenty bucks for a field trip to the art museum? Tell you what, I'll drive you past the Lemieux statue for free."

Adam G

#23 Post by Adam G » December 20th, 2018, 7:23 pm

ky1em!ttskus wrote:
December 19th, 2018, 12:24 pm
Peter Wellington retired a few years ago and sold to a conglomerate. I think it started with a V.

For me, Liquid Farm was a winery I was super excited about and have completely forgotten about. And I lost interest in Siduri, another winery I really liked, after Adam sold.

Peter sold to VJB - not a conglomerate, though, a small(ish) family winery that spends a lot more on presentation than on the wine. Also their style is not in accordance with mine, at least not any more. I quite liked VJB's stuff in about 2010.

Liquid Farm also fell off my radar, mostly due to the pricing. Halcon as well.
A. Gr0ssm@n

Alan Eden
GCC Member
GCC Member

#24 Post by Alan Eden » December 20th, 2018, 7:36 pm

Kosta browne seems to have fallen off a lot of radars
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

NED VALOIS
GCC Member
GCC Member

#25 Post by NED VALOIS » December 20th, 2018, 7:49 pm

Schrader
Flowers
Charles Smith
Seavey
Teachworth
Turley
(probably) Abreu

jcoley3

#26 Post by jcoley3 » December 20th, 2018, 11:38 pm

John Morris wrote:
December 19th, 2018, 12:44 pm
TomHill wrote:
John Morris wrote:
Mel Knox wrote:

I will explain:

TL;DR history - Constellation.

Sorry.
Jim Coley ITB

"So I say, like Ortega y Gasset, that when a lot of people agree on something, it's either a stupid idea or a beautiful woman." - Alvaro Mutis

"You could spend a lot more money, and not get a better Burgundy...” - Carlo Rossi

Howard Cooper
GCC Member
GCC Member

#27 Post by Howard Cooper » December 21st, 2018, 4:34 am

A lot of Burgundy producers who prices are just not in my ballpark, at least based on their US prices, such as: Roumier, Mugnier, DRC, Raveneau, Rousseau, etc.

A number of Bordeaux estates that have gone to the dark side like Cos D'Estournal, Troplong Mondot, Pape Clement, etc.

In California, it would be a much shorter list to name wineries I still think about.
Howard

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things." Tyrion Lannister

James Billy

#28 Post by James Billy » December 21st, 2018, 5:51 am

Howard Cooper wrote:
December 21st, 2018, 4:34 am
A lot of Burgundy producers who prices are just not in my ballpark, at least based on their US prices, such as: Roumier, Mugnier, DRC, Raveneau, Rousseau, etc.

A number of Bordeaux estates that have gone to the dark side like Cos D'Estournal, Troplong Mondot, Pape Clement, etc.

In California, it would be a much shorter list to name wineries I still think about.
Haven't Cos returned from the darkness?

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » December 21st, 2018, 5:59 am

Copain - changed ownership
Ridge - increased use of new oak (do buy Geyserville)
Allemand - price and scarcity
Rougeard - lost allocation
Domaine Roche Nueve - price for quality
Lanessan - brought in modern consultant
La Louviere - modern consultant
Meyney - modern consultant
Poujeaux - modern consultant

Frankly, for the most part, anything that Rolland, Hubert, Cambie or their ilk touch.
Last edited by Robert.A.Jr. on December 21st, 2018, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

Sarah Kirschbaum

#30 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » December 21st, 2018, 6:02 am

Every California or Australian wine that ever was on my radar is now off it. I have not purchased either in quite a few years.

M. Dildine
GCC Member
GCC Member

#31 Post by M. Dildine » December 21st, 2018, 6:09 am

France.
Cheers,

Mike

TomHill
GCC Member
GCC Member

Au Contraire...

#32 Post by TomHill » December 21st, 2018, 7:51 am

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
December 21st, 2018, 5:59 am

Frankly, for the most part, anything that Rolland, Hubert, Cambie or their ilk touch.
Au contraire, Robert. They've been changing their oak regime at Ridge for over 10 yrs now and the new Am.oak that was
once so prominant has been scaled back quite a bit. Increasingly, older oak is being used. Although the oak is still noticible
in the Ridge wines, I think the current Ridge wines are much more reflective of their vnyd origins than they once were.
But then...what would I know?? Only been drinking Ridges for almost 50 yrs now. [snort.gif]
They did lose me once back in the late '70's-early '80's, when the brett issue got out of hand. But they got that problem fixed by the mid-'80's.
Tom

J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

#33 Post by J a y H a c k » December 21st, 2018, 8:01 am

Siduri
Copain
DuMol
Seasmoke
Williams Selyem
Pahlmeyer
No Girls
Petrus (I used to think about buying it but it is now off my radar and I do not even think about it any more)
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

#34 Post by J a y H a c k » December 21st, 2018, 8:02 am

Soon to add due to purchases by conglomerates:

Outpost
Schrader
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Au Contraire...

#35 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » December 21st, 2018, 8:06 am

TomHill wrote:
December 21st, 2018, 7:51 am
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
December 21st, 2018, 5:59 am

Au contraire, Robert. They've been changing their oak regime at Ridge for over 10 yrs now and the new Am.oak that was
once so prominant has been scaled back quite a bit. Increasingly, older oak is being used. Although the oak is still noticible
in the Ridge wines, I think the current Ridge wines are much more reflective of their vnyd origins than they once were.
But then...what would I know?? Only been drinking Ridges for almost 50 yrs now. [snort.gif]
They did lose me once back in the late '70's-early '80's, when the brett issue got out of hand. But they got that problem fixed by the mid-'80's.
Tom
Hard to disagree with you and your expertise, but I have a thread somewhere on this site that shows by year the increase of use of new oak in Lytton Springs and the Estate Cab, using data straight off the Ridge website. I think we did see some decline though in 2016 and perhaps 2015.

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

Bud Carey
GCC Member
GCC Member

#36 Post by Bud Carey » December 21st, 2018, 8:12 am

Forgot to mention... due to my old age, I have stopped buying all things French, Italian, Spanish, and Aussie.
Sticking to mostly small Cali producers.
Budman

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#37 Post by Michael Martin » December 21st, 2018, 8:33 am

Tobin James enough said.

Ojai
Carr
Turley
Piedrassi
Paul Lato
Ravenswood
Round Pond

T. Altmayer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#38 Post by T. Altmayer » December 21st, 2018, 8:43 am

Copain
Carlisle
Herb Lamb
D'Angerville (price)
Tom

SeanHarding
GCC Member
GCC Member

#39 Post by SeanHarding » December 21st, 2018, 10:06 am

There have been many that I've bought a few times and then stopped, but the most notable one that's really dropped off is probably Quilceda Creek. When I first got into wine, they were the hot thing in WA state, and I was so excited to get on the list, go to the release parties, etc. I'm not sure I ever truly loved the wines in proportion to the hype and price, but I did like them. I stayed on the list for a number of years after the initial excitement wore off, but eventually realized that it was silly (especially at the price point) and dropped off. I still like lots of "modern" new world cabs, but QC isn't my thing any more.

I also dropped off the Betz list a while back, but I still have a ton in my cellar. It's not really anything they did wrong, I just realized that I was buying more because of other people saying how much they like it, rather than enjoying it myself. I don't dislike the wines, but they're not in my top tier, and I'm trying to be more disciplined about lists.

I still love Liquid Farm, though.

lleichtman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#40 Post by lleichtman » December 21st, 2018, 10:41 am

Bonny Doon and Phelps for sure. Rhys has also hit that wall for me. I completely stopped buying Aussie wines and NZ Sauvignon in now few and far between.
Lawrence G. Leichtman

Billy Norris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#41 Post by Billy Norris » December 21st, 2018, 3:43 pm

Kosta Browne (don't like the style anymore)
Sojourn (even though I still like the stuff, I just don't buy it anymore)
Two Hands (REALLY don't like the style anymore)

Paul Luckin

#42 Post by Paul Luckin » December 21st, 2018, 4:51 pm

ky1em!ttskus wrote:
December 19th, 2018, 12:24 pm

VJB Vineyards & Cellars purchased Wellington in late ‘14 or early ‘15, and VJB is family-owned last I checked.
\m/ >_< \m/

ITB

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » December 21st, 2018, 5:02 pm

Tom mentioned red Bordeaux in his initial post, and I have gone the opposite direction. I am back to Bordeaux for the relatively traditional, moderately priced wines from the left bank. Cantermerle, Lanessan, Sociando, etc. really work for me, and undercut Napa pricing by 50-80%.

As for California wines, Ravenswood had dropped off my radar, though I have tried a few again in recent months. The list of producers I once bought from, and have moved away from is longer than my right arm. Melville, Loring, Tercero (sorry Larry), Peachy Canyon, Chateau St. Jean, Arrowood, etc.. The list is going to get longer in 2019.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#44 Post by Scott Brunson » December 21st, 2018, 5:13 pm

Copain
Hourglass
Sea Smoke
Roar
Pisoni
Liquid Farm
Ovid
Schrader
Janasse
Clos des Papes
Clos St Jean
Newton
maybe Rhys (love 'em but lack of funds)
No Girls (well, I dropped off their radar)
Horsepower (well, I dropped off their radar)
Antica Terra
Sojourn
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

Joshua Kates
GCC Member
GCC Member

#45 Post by Joshua Kates » December 21st, 2018, 5:43 pm

Ian Dorin wrote:
December 19th, 2018, 12:49 pm
There are a good number of wineries mentioned that have sold off to larger firms (Calera, Copain). The ones that come across as tongue in cheek like Fourrier are obviously due to very high prices, another good reason.
I don't think Robert was being tongue in cheek; there's been a turn against Fourrier among some Burgundy cognoscenti--not me, btw--but Robert can speak for himself.

On my own dropped wineries:
Foxen
David Bruce
ABC
Qupe
Penner Ash
Bergstrom
Beaux Freres
Rhys
Myriad

Just reach for Burgundy or northern Rhone more and more and in the last two cases I own plenty, probably too much from these producers already.

Bud Carey
GCC Member
GCC Member

#46 Post by Bud Carey » December 22nd, 2018, 4:04 am

Oh goodie... more Myriad for me!!!
Budman

Sean Malloy
GCC Member
GCC Member

#47 Post by Sean Malloy » December 22nd, 2018, 5:08 am

Off my radar for new buying/dropped off list:

Siduri: My first mailing list. When KJ purchased, couldn't legally ship to Ohio any more bc of a weird law we have.
Kosta Browne: Pricing and style. Still like them once in a while.
Sea Smoke: Lost my taste for this.
Turley: Hit and miss between really delicious zin and ones that are just too much.
Sojourn: Marketing is too aggressive. They called my cell twice for the same allocation reminder once and lost me as a customer.

Karl K

#48 Post by Karl K » December 22nd, 2018, 5:54 am

Off my radar?

Sure!

. . .

Um . . .

I forget!
K a z a k s

CJ Beazley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#49 Post by CJ Beazley » December 22nd, 2018, 6:59 am

Sean Malloy wrote:
December 22nd, 2018, 5:08 am
Off my radar for new buying/dropped off list:

Siduri: My first mailing list. When KJ purchased, couldn't legally ship to Ohio any more bc of a weird law we have.
Kosta Browne: Pricing and style. Still like them once in a while.
Sea Smoke: Lost my taste for this.
Turley: Hit and miss between really delicious zin and ones that are just too much.
Sojourn: Marketing is too aggressive. They called my cell twice for the same allocation reminder once and lost me as a customer.
WTH? I thought Texas shipping laws were bad.
It's C(raig)

Sean Devaney

#50 Post by Sean Devaney » December 22nd, 2018, 8:05 am

Charles Shaw. Can't believe they stopped producing their Napa Gamay. Don't even start on the recent price increases...

Return to “Wine Talk”