TN: 2010 Guiborat Fils Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs

• 2010 Guiborat Fils Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs - France, Champagne, Champagne Grand Cru (12/16/2018)
    Nose: The nose is bright, fresh, and deep with white peaches, mineral tones, pears, apples, fresh picked citrus, white florals, biscuits, saline, and yellow florals. There is excellent depth and style with a real vibrancy and tension to it.

Taste: Medium bodied with high acidity. The feel is well balanced and textured with white peaches, saline, vanilla beans, white florals, biscuits, pears, mineral notes, citrus notes, chalk tones, brioche, and a bit of apples.

Overall: This is drinking beautifully right now. It’s loaded with fresh white fruits, but the autolytic qualities also shine through. While this could certainly can age, it is truly wonderful right now. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note! Somehow the producer is not on my radar at all even though I really loved the 2006. Clearly that needs to change.

It seems to be under everyone’s radar, lol! I was shocked that there weren’t any notes in CT when I typed it in

So many good growers out there nowadays. I had the 2006 alongside Fleur de Passion 2006 and while I preferred Guiborat (stylewise) Diebolt-Vallois still now manages to come to my mind first out of the two whenever I think of trustworthy producers from Côte des Blancs. Weird!

Nothing wrong with Diebolt-Vallois at all! It just goes to show how strong the cotes de Blancs is right now where high quality producers seem to be all around it