TN: 2016 Roy Piper Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2016 Roy Piper Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/17/2018)
    A late night pop urge…bright and juicy red berry fruited wine, with some deepness from liqueured blueberry and kirsch…intense dusty white pepper and oak barrel spice…LOVE the youthfulness of a young cab…not as complex or sophisticated as it will get in its later years…it’s all about the excitement and energy…the pureness of the unblemished…gains complexity with air…red licorice, cassis, gravel, lavender oil…love the dusty white pepper spice, graphite dryness, and a tinge(way less than 14) of green tobacco leaf. Concentrated wine, yet there is a lightness to it that’s very appealing…and again…after seeing the wonderfully informative vids from Roy…his passion totally translates to his wines! (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Awesome label artwork.

I hope it didn’t cost a fortune to get it commissioned.

Magnums have a neat variation on it.

Thanks for posting the note Mr. Buzz. First vintage of this wine for me, sounds like a winner.

Wow! You really Pobega’d that one, although you did wait 9 days! (depending on when they arrived) You must really like them young. I’m a big fan of Roy’s work too and really appreciate his videos as well.