BUMP Wine Cellars - Winter Release

★ Before I proceed with sharing the new release info from a BUMP Cellars email, I would like to make clear that I have zero connection with the company, and I have no financial or material gains resulting from said winery! ★

BUMP Cellars, based in the town of Sonoma, is a very small producer of some phenomenal bottlings. The only negative statement I can make regarding their operation is that most of the wines have been sold out for a while. I have tasted the “Fortune” white blend and an old-vine field blend from the “Hoaglund Vineyard”. While the red really deserved additional cellaring, both were truly of top-notch quality!!! [cheers.gif]

"HAPPY HOLIDAYS

"BUMP is back! We are so excited to share our newly released wine with you. Take advantage of these great specials and share some BUMP Wine with your family and friends this holiday season.

"Since we last wrote to you, we have had some adventuresome challenges. We moved to a vineyard property with an old farmhouse in July 2015. We chose the name ‘Tanaka Vineyard’, after Mieko’s great grandfather, who was an avid gardener and strawberry farmer. We have taken control of the vineyard management, farming organically.

"As I write this, Geordie is on the tractor, preparing the ground for seeding a winter cover crop. We have changed our production location, and are vigorously developing our Pinot Noir program. Fulfilling a dream, we are now able to present estate wines from our own vineyard. (But, be careful what you wish for… it is a lot of work!) We feel so blessed. Thank you so much for your continued support. Wishing you and your families peace and love.

“Cheers ~
Geordie, Mieko, Malena & Nico”

"NEW RELEASES AND OLD FAVORITES:

"PINOT NOIR 2015 Sonoma Valley, ‘Tanaka Estate Vineyard’ $38

"Our estate grown Pinot Noir is clone 828, known for its boldness. It was barrel aged for three years, after native fermentation. It is unfiltered and unfined. This is definitely a food Pinot. It has depth and tannins. There are layers of tart cherry, pomegranate, graham cracker and blackberry. Seventeen barrels produced.

"PINOT NOIR 2015 -VINEYARD SELECT Sonoma Valley, ‘Tanaka Estate Vineyard’ $48

"From our estate vineyard comes a specially selected wine. It was hand-picked from the rocky corner of the vineyard. The leaner soil yields fewer grapes with more concentrated flavor. Only free-run wine was barreled. The wine has softer tannins, a velvety texture and hints of mulberry, plum jam, currant and star anise. Only four barrels were produced!

"PINOT NOIR 2014 Mt. Veeder, Napa $42

"This is grown in one of the few Pinot vineyards in the Mt. Veeder AVA, just over the county line into Napa. It is located where the fog rolls over the mountaintop, keeping the grapes cold at night and warm during the day. The wine is medium bodied. It shows bright tannins with layers of currant, rose petal and cacao nib. Six barrels produced.

"ZINFANDEL 2014 Sonoma Valley, ‘HB Family Vineyard’ $34

"This small vineyard is located on historic Old Winery Road, in Sonoma. The grapes were harvested on October 20th. Native yeast fermentation occurred in stainless steel, open top tanks. The wine was aged for 36 months in select French oak barrels. This elegant and refined Zinfandel has a well-balanced acidity, with hints of cherry, marzipan, vanilla and black pepper. Eleven barrels produced.

"OLD VINE BLEND 2014 Sonoma Valley, ‘Hoaglund Vineyard’ $42

"A real Frankenwine (Yes, it is a monster) made from Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Carignane, Barbera, Alicante Bouschet and Early Burgundy. This field blend is from a small vineyard, located in the town of Sonoma that was planted in the 1920’s. This is an age worthy wine that will continue to open up for the next ten years. It is fairly tannic, yet fruit forward with notes of plum, melted chocolate, sage and blueberries. Only six barrels produced!

"‘FORTUNE’ 2013 Sonoma Valley $26

"Our Rhone white field blend is made from Roussanne, Marsanne, Grenache Blanc, Viognier and Picpoul Blanc. The grapes are grown together in a one-acre vineyard in the town of Sonoma. They were picked and pressed together on September 23rd. Cold fermentation was followed by aging in neutral French oak barrels. This wine is light yet full of flavor with notes of zesty citrus and honeysuckle. Fourteen barrels produced.

TO ORDER ONLINE:

• Go to www.bumpwine.com
and use the following discount codes at checkout…

› ‘SALE150’ - to save 15% off of a purchase of $150 or more.
› ‘SALE300’ - to save 20% off a a purchase of $300 or more.”

BUMP Cellars website:

Some additional information on the “Hoaglund Vineyard”: