Good Store: Kahn’s

not sure I’ve ever ordered before but found a real good 08 Dom price and ordered. Bam—wine delivered quickly and just what I wanted. Kudos! $150/b, found via w-s, not there now.

Tease

actually I was sharing—after I posted, saw it was no longer offered and edited the post!

25 years ago it was a great store. There was a period of time when the store got some bad press for wines listed as available on-line which weren’t. Glad to hear that things may be fixed.

I’ve bought from them occasionally over the last 5 years. No problems.

In Indianapolis?

JD

I’ve shopped on-prem at Kahn’s in Indy when visiting friends. Always find things to interest at good prices. Have not found passion in the staff, but somebody there knows wine.

fred

Had a problem with a case of old Ridge bottles probably 10 years back. They were almost all cooked. I never reported it to them just decided not to buy from them again.

I used to commute between Columbus and Chicago through Indy and always stopped there (and Goose the Market for lunch). About two years ago I found an old cream-color label grand cuvée from the 80s. They charged me $150. Amazing wine

Sounds familiar. Not sure if they are at the same location now or moved but when I was frequenting the store in the early 90s there was a back room that wasn’t open to the public but wasn’t really secret. So all one had to do was ask and I am poking around the back with my now wife and we find a non-descript German riesling from the late 60s. Its obviously leaked but overall looks sound. No price tag so I ask someone. They can’t find anything on it and as it leaked they are willing to let me have it for $15. Quite an amazing wine and the only time I saw my dad really enjoy sharing a bottle of wine with me and my wife. Normally he would try anything we opened but barely had more than that. His interest was always more than his actual enjoyment, except this time. We left him half the bottle to finish.

The Legacy? I’m seeing the Legacy now at local Bevmo’s for $169. Get a $20 off coupon…BAM! No pay shippy! champagne.gif

good spot for current release stuff, they even give deeper deals if you’re part of their frequent buyer club. 02 krug mesnil was $650!!

no pay shippy but pay tax-y and that’s more-y.

Good tip, thanks. Happen to be in Dana Point now so I picked up a few.

Got an argument from the staff when I asked if they could find it for me. “No sir, the current vintage of Dom Perignon is the 2009 and we don’t carry older vintages.” Got nowhere explaining 2008 was the more recent release and the website was showing 9 bottles in their store.

Found it in a locked case and when I pointed it out I was told, “That’s a different wine. It’s the Legacy, not Dom Perignon.” OK… May I please have some?

Can’t ship to our home state so Kahn’s was never an option. Not that Alan left any.