Inquiry: Maison Leroy Pommard 1er Cru Les Chaponnieres 1999

I was thinking of opening one of these up and was wondering if anyone had a sense of whether it was in the zone? (Very little on CT.) I’m no Francois A, but I do like Burg with at least a decent amount of tertiary expression. I was also curious if anyone had any further info about the wine? I suspect it’s from Billard-Gonnet, who seem to be the only one with vines in this lieu dit and who makes decent Pommard. Still, even if that’s right, any Leroy “special sauce,” or did she just put her label on it and it doubles (or triples) in price?

Thanks in advance,
Josh

I have no experience with this particular wine. I have had many a good Maison Leroy in the past, and a few that weren’t so great.

Also could have been Raymond Launay, which I’m probably more inclined to say it was. If that’s the case, it’s probably open for business.

Thanks, Ian,

Morris (Jasper) did not mention him; interesting, looked around online, it seems like his grandson, Xavier Horiot has restarted the estate. Do you know anything further about the grandfather’s wines–have you had them, as it seems?

I had the 2002s, and they were both really nice. The reason I thought it might be Launay was because it was my understanding he didn’t bottle everything he grew.

Thanks, Ian!