Downtown Napa Tasting Rooms?

All,

Plotting a quick, 36-hour Napa trip to take advantage of a SF work trip. Will be staying in Downtown Napa, arriving initially around 530 or 6.

I have a good sense of how to use the following day (focusing on a couple Spring Mountain spots I’ve long wanted to try) but am less sure what, if anything, we can swing in the evening.

Anyone know of a worthwhile tasting room (or somilar experience) in or near downtown open til 7 or so?

Dinner reccos also welcome.

Thx!
JM

Wine Thief is a great spot with some small family wineries being poured to get a little more authentic feel relative to some big estates. Only open til 6 though

It’s not a tasting room, but I love Compline for interesting wine and great food. I think it’s worth checking out!

Brown is open until 7 and they make some tasty Napa-style zins. Their space is really nice.

Compline and Cadet, the two main downtown wine bars, are open at 5:30 and 6, respectively. As hinted above, they’re both excellent choices for wines by the glass and have good focus on newer and smaller California producers

Check out Forlorn Hope.

Bounty hunter is fun too.

Just on the outskirts, Robert Craig tasting salon. Etude is shouting distance down the road.

Thanks, all. Much appreciated!!!

Gamling and McDuck, Outland (which had Forlorn Hope, Farella, and Poe), and Rebel Vintners are all open a bit later than norm.

A couple of others that have not been mentioned are the Vintner’s Collective on Main St. and Clinton, and Oxbow Wine Merchant on 1st Street has wines and beers to taste. Not sure of the hours of each.

Ed

There are several tasting rooms around the Oxbow. Most close at 7, but Uncorked stays open later and often has music on Fri and Sat. Downtown Napa is mostly restaurants, tasting rooms, bars and some retail. Mexican: Don Pericos. Italian: Ristorante Allegria. Full on Steak/Seafood: Cole’s Chop House. Multiple Continental and American Cuisine restaurants. Plus many others, including a bar on the roof of your hotel. If you want the ultimate Japanese Cuisine, Kenzo is a must but warning, reservations are a necessity and $$$$$. http://kenzonapa.com/ There is also Morimoto’s downtown a little farther walk.

If you intend to hit the up valley wineries during the day then a restaurant is all you need at night. They all have wine lists. If you intend to hit the downtown tasting rooms during the day, drink your way east on First St. until you get to the Oxbow Public Market. A days worth of tasting rooms around and inside the Oxbow, including Randy Mason, Mark Herold, Ahnfeld/Uncorked. Inside the Oxbow is Kara’s, (cupcakes), The Fatted Calf, (fresh meats and poultry), Hog Island Oysters and many more listed

Here: http://oxbowpublicmarket.com/

All are great wines and even better people. Shadowbox Cellars shares space with Rebel. By appointment, but certainly worth reaching out to Justin.

As for dinner and evening shenanigans, Compline and Cadet have two of the very best wine lists in all of Napa. If you’re getting into trouble at either or both, you’re doing yourself a disservice.

Agree with Vintner’s Collective. A great way to taste some small batch stuff with friendly staff. Had a great time there two years ago (has it really been that long since I visited?)

+1

Bespoke Collection at the Riverfront would be a nice visit - Blackbird wines are poured there. And their tasting room is a minute’s walk from Morimoto and Celadon.